The Lotus Cars Community banner

121 - 140 of 5173 Posts

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
put dyna-mat in doors to quite some of the rattles. Oh, and washed her.

·
Illegal Alien
4,746 Posts
Drove my daughter to school

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
I'm avoiding driving mine much until I get the headlamp peeling issue resolved.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Drove mine in the wet today. Spinning wheels in third gear.... so plenty of torque... :)

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Loaded in my twin boys, picked up a friend, checked out his 2 newly imported Fiat 500s (1966 and 1967), solved his oil/smoke issue with it (pinhole in valve cover), then picked up the Evora from service and showed it off from Eastside to Westside across Seattle.

Great Saturday morning with the boys! :shift:

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
Ran it to 143 on I-75 on the way to Gainesville before I chickened out. Was still climbing quickly. This car is more like a 911 than a Cayman. The Cayman is a go-kart. That's insulting to this car.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
I believe you can hit 143 in 5th with the close ratio gearbox. I know your close to redline doing 130 in 4th.

I drove with the BMW car club up Chinook pass, over Cayuse pass and up to Windy Ridge at St. Helens. Only had one oh s***t moment when she decided to oversteer coming around a down hill reverse cambered corner. My fault for lifting and not keeping her neutral in the corner.

·
Illegal Alien
4,746 Posts
CR Gear Box
4th 127mph (131 peak 7.2k rpm)
5th 167
6th engine power limited 177-183 (6.5k to 6.8k)

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #132
I assume 6th gear. Where was the tach at that speed? Do you remember? Just wondering powerband-wise. 5k?
6th gear. Not sure where the tach was. I was too busy looking out for troopers. That's probably fast enough to be taken straight to the pokey.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I actually used 6th gear yesterday! At 80 mph, on some long downhill stretches of the newly paved 280, the Tach hovers around 2 - 2.3k in 6th gear and the car slips quietly past everyone as it inevitably creeps all by itself up to 90. This road is perfect before this, because others are doing 80 as well, and as soon as you begin passing too many people too quickly, the road reigns you in with an incline. Then you are drawn out of your reverie by the dire need to drop back to 5th gear.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
My daughter and I (her in the 2005 Elise) and me in my Evora, were at the Super car Sunday in Woodland Hills today. We were there until 8:15 am , then ran home to clean the cars and watch the F1 race at 9:00 am.
Ron:UK:

·
Registered
183 Posts
I took this off:
Old Exhaust.jpg
Added this (Plack Exhaust custom cut for my S):
Welded Exhaust.JPG
And now her rear end is lighter and so much nicer:
Mounted Plack Exhaust.JPG
And is loud as all get out!

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Took mine on track :)

That looks like more fun than what I did. I wish there was a track close to me (closest one is about 2-3 hours away), and in the desert 110+ this time of year.
I did get to drive an N/A Evora at Laguna Secca a few years ago. It was a Skip Baraber driving school. Tons was lots of fun.
Ron:shift:

·
Premium Member
6,503 Posts
Learned how to realign the front bumper.. Drove it like every other day Closing in on 11K.

Low2grond, just drive it!! Leaving it parked has NO affect on the headlamps.

·
Registered
276 Posts
How and why did you realign the front bumper? I noticed that there is a little more of the front edge of my clam exposed ever since I had one of the front exit grills replaced.

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
After a day further north in the White Mountains, took it out to play on the Kancamagus Highway this morning. This is just below the summit, a little less than 3,000 feet. Interestingly, there's a 9% grade headed down, and the dash indicated I was getting 54 mpg. I'm not in danger of believing that number, but maybe I can convince the Prius-owner down the street that it was real. :D

121 - 140 of 5173 Posts