The Lotus Cars Community banner

141 - 160 of 5049 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
As I was washing it, I notice a bit if weatherstrip peeking out from just behind the front wheel. Investigating with my fingers loosed it completely, and it came off in my hand. Using the other side as a guide, I ended up re-attaching it to the wheel well lining with a bit of gorilla glue.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
After a day further north in the White Mountains, took it out to play on the Kancamagus Highway this morning. This is just below the summit, a little less than 3,000 feet. Interestingly, there's a 9% grade headed down, and the dash indicated I was getting 54 mpg. I'm not in danger of believing that number, but maybe I can convince the Prius-owner down the street that it was real. :D

Nice shot, sir. Is it just me or does the old persian blue appear identical to the new laser blue? I could swear I'm looking at my car in the photo.

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Completed a 3000 kilometer vacation trip with the Evora S, including the full Routes des Grandes Alpes with more than 12 Alpine passes up to 2770 Meters:

1. Col de la Cayolle 2326 m)
2. Col du Var (2108 m)
3. Col d'Izoard (2361 m)
4. Col du Lauteret (2058 m)
5. Col du Galabier (2645 m)
6. Col de la Telepherique (1566 m)
7. Col de l'Iseran (2764 m)
8. Cormet de Roselend (1967 m)
9. Col des Saisies (1657 m)
10. Col des Aravis (1486 m)
11. Col de la Colombière (1613 m)
12. Col des Gets (1172 m)

2° Celsius on the Col d'Iseran!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Nice shot, sir. Is it just me or does the old persian blue appear identical to the new laser blue? I could swear I'm looking at my car in the photo.
Thank you. I think the Persian blue is a little darker with more violet undertones than laser blue. And I'm not a sir. :no:

Completed a 3000 kilometer vacation trip with the Evora S, including the full Routes des Grandes Alpes with more than 12 Alpine passes up to 2770 Meters:

2. Col du Var (2108 m)
3. Col d'Izoard (2361 m)

Very cool! What a great vacation! :clap:

·
Registered
216 Posts
suspension and wheels on!

Just saw this photo on Instagram. Can you share the details of the wheels? This is one of the few Evoras with aftermarket wheels...

·
Registered
545 Posts
Sense that are the PB parts, google pbracing.it KomTec also has them, so maybe KoldFire can help?!

·
Registered
49 Posts
What i did today - curbed the right rear wheel, Ouch. Cornered too close on the way home and the street/curb edge was metal, ripped up the wheel bigtime, looks bad.

VSA still doesn't have the TD 1.3's in stock either :(

Guess I'll be ordering a new wheel, and not treating street corners like cones lol.

Anyone want a pic? :)

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #152
Drove mine down to St. Petersburg and back after work, winding around various urban streets. Got aggressive on a few of them, very aggressive. Of course, it's a Lotus. This car is just as wickedly fast as it is a b*tch deep in turns. I've never owned a car like it.

·
Registered
545 Posts
What i did today - curbed the right rear wheel, Ouch. Cornered too close on the way home and the street/curb edge was metal, ripped up the wheel bigtime, looks bad.

VSA still doesn't have the TD 1.3's in stock either :(

Guess I'll be ordering a new wheel, and not treating street corners like cones lol.

Anyone want a pic? :)
Get it redone. Did that with mine Diamond Cut rims, not easy and you need a top shop, but those who do 2 coloured Porsche rims will also do the Diamond Cut. Came at $200 per rim much cheaper than buying new and you can't tell any difference.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Get it redone. Did that with mine Diamond Cut rims, not easy and you need a top shop, but those who do 2 coloured Porsche rims will also do the Diamond Cut. Came at $200 per rim much cheaper than buying new and you can't tell any difference.
I'll find out the price on Monday, the damage is pretty bad but still holds air.
Dealer is going to check into a repair too.

It's tempting to just buy a pair of 18" for the rears and skip the TD 1.3's.

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts

2. Col du Var (2108 m)
3. Col d'Izoard (2361 m)

So, here are the promised videos:

·
Registered
276 Posts
Took her back in for service:

New rack
New heat tube to replace flaking one off front cat
Clutch clevis pin put back in (was only half way in)
Head light coating sanding w/ 3M added
Full tech inspection for next track day
Estimate back to Hethel for bumper repair/replacement (small tear near headlight).

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Just drove it to work today, but Tuesday I added the CF side scoops & had my exhaust installed by a shop due to some required modifications to make it fit. DIY was a no-go. All in all side scoops look good & exhaust sounds good.

·
Illegal Alien
4,715 Posts
Received notice that my cf side scoops shipped, also have my Surgu on order.

141 - 160 of 5049 Posts