The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

What did you do to your Evora today?

1M views 8K replies 597 participants last post by  Vertigyn 
#1 ·
Other forums do this and it's fun and informative. The rules: Simply tell us what you did to your ride today. Modifications, fixed something or just took a drive. Post it up. Pics are welcome.

Have at it!

#32 · (Edited)
On Sat. me and three other Lotus owners went for a mountain canyon drive up over the top and down to Park City Utah for lunch as a group. We were with the Utah Ferrari / Exotic car group. Yes we were invited and yes we were treated great. This group just goes on drives and has no bias as to what car you drive. Everyone is treated the same and no annual dues or elections. Just plain all out driving fun and lunch and oh ya great scenery. What a blast. 27 cars in all many of them Ferraris. :clap:

Attachments

#34 ·
Drove my Evora to work today, second time this week. Took the scenic route, but ended up behind a police officer....oh well. Got it home and gave it a thorough bath and dry. Now it sits in the garage clean and shiny!

Reactions: Lckitty
#37 · (Edited)
caw sho update

Well I guess the voting wasn't really based on performance. I had to settle for a tie for 3rd. Sad! I forgot about the demographic here being on the older side (50+) and engineers. I got beat out by a bunch of anchors, I mean, old muscle cars. At least I came out ahead of the 1963 VW Beetle.

Category 1 – Car
1st place
Tie
Dan Huber – 1970 Dodge Challenger
Henry Herbert – 1965 Ford Mustang

2nd place
John Campbell – 1950 Chevrolet Sport Coupe

3rd place
Tie
Mark Ryker – 1966 Chevrolet Corvette
LCkitty – 2011 Lotus Evora

4th place
Chad Rainwater – 1963 Volkswagen Beetle

Reactions: 1320LOL
#45 ·
Looked at her, freshly detailed - under the car cover - in the garage, as I left for work in my Wrangler. I did adjust the headlight height, installed a switch under the dash to disable the DRL's, and order an exhasut from Plack right before I put her away though:D

#48 ·
Brought it home from the service center after a leisurely drive around Redmond, still a half dozen things to fix but closer to having all the issues resolved.

#51 ·
let my nephew barrow the lotus to check out the exhaust changes(Larini de-cat and Lotus sports exhaust) While he was out testing my Wife and I walked down to the local ice-cream shop. While ordering I heard a very nice exhaust note fly by the ice-cream shop, but did not get a look at the car. A guy in line said a "awesome Ferrari" jus flew buy. He added nothing sounds quite like a V12 at WOT. 5 minutes later my car comes flying by again. Same guy leans over and says "nothing like a Ferrari"rotfl

About a hour later my nephew gets back with the car and tells me it sounded good, but really did not get the chance to "open her up all the way";)

What really was cool is I have never really listened to the car from the outside to get the full effect of the sound. I can't imagine How the Plack edition exhaust sound. Probably like a F1 race in your town.:shift:

#55 ·
I took the family to the zoo. Arrived 30 minutes before the gates opened to get a parking spot up front. Was immediately approached by a car guy who wanted to chat about Lotus, F1, and his classic Alfa Romeo.

#59 ·
Watching Her Friend

Today I let her watch while I tuned her British friend.

Attachments

#61 ·
Plasti-Dip. Amazing stuff.
I'm not sure how long this will last, but I've heard good things and since this car isn't a DD, that'll surely help.

Masking off will make my job easier. Not the most professional, but it'll do.
[/IMG]

This was after about 3 of 8 coats.
[/IMG]

Final look. The "overspray" area peels right off.
[/IMG]