The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
For track prep, I finished putting in new suspension bushings, ball joints, toe links, dampers and springs on Saturday. Today I detailed the exterior (I know not track prep). Need to do the interior by this Saturday. The local JDRF group asked to use the car during a fund raiser dinner Saturday night.

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
Dropped my car off at Sector 111 for the 60 point prep and new brake pads. My local mechanic will change oil, brake fluid, and other routine items closer to my track day. Fresh r888s.

Then couldn't resist some new tasty bits from sector 111: ultra Disc two piece rotors, shifter cables, and bixenons.

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
Sector111 sells bixenons?
Yep, here's the link:
lumosHID Retrofit Kit

HUGE improvement, basically makes your headlamps into OEM xenons like any other car on the market. Better than simply putting HID ballasts into the stock halogen projectors.

Based off the ORE Bi-xenon projector and bracket kit, but also includes Toyota OEM ballasts and all the necessary hardware.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Yep, here's the link:
lumosHID Retrofit Kit

HUGE improvement, basically makes your headlamps into OEM xenons like any other car on the market. Better than simply putting HID ballasts into the stock halogen projectors.

Based off the ORE Bi-xenon projector and bracket kit, but also includes Toyota OEM ballasts and all the necessary hardware.
Oh. I have a 2011.

·
craigyirush
1,536 Posts
Before my 1st track day in the Elise in February, I got my mechanic to torque all the suspension nuts and bolts and mark them. He also used the Lotus Cup tech sheet - overkill for the track maybe, but he's the scrutineer!

Still haven't done the toe links. I know...

·
Premium Member
4,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Changed my RH output shaft seal.

·
Registered
320 Posts
50 degree day today! Installed Sector 111 sys6pack and Re-Enforcer. Installed 6pt harnesses with the sub belt through the seat. Karl Performance upholstery shop did a great job with the sub belt hole, recoloring worn spots and replacing the deteriorated foam in both seats. Hand washed the outside and took if for a drive to get the oil heated up. Crazy how much spunk and how little grip is available at +6k at these temps.

Attachments

·
Registered
320 Posts
Installed an ETX20L AGM battery with a cutoff switch. Had to make an aluminum battery bracket because of the issues shipping at RLS. Not sure if it's track prep or cosmetic...made Wing Ends out of aluminum and had them powder coated black. I think they look much better than the stock ends.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Totally forgot I started this thread over the winter!

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
This winter's projects have been:

Installed LSD
Installed ACT clutch
Installed clam hinge

purchased waiting for install:

Over fenders (looking for suitable wheels)
BWR sway bar

If the budget allows:
purchase new springs and perches from BWR
Stiff rear engine mount

·
Registered
440 Posts
Replaced side rocker panel clear bra with Xpel Ultimate and stone guard.
Replaced 1/4 turn Dzus bolts on Reverie tailgate hood with hood pins.

Reactions: Gunpilot

·
He's on fire!
3,207 Posts
xpel cover the whole rocker panel? How much time did it take and how difficult?

·
Registered
440 Posts
xpel cover the whole rocker panel? How much time did it take and how difficult?
My friend brought precut films to do it for me. He has the film cutter and downloaded precut design from xpel website which covers the whole rocker panel.
Took about 5~6 hrs to replace rocker panels, headlights, signal lights, and side mirrors.
If you don't have any experience, don't waste money and time. Pay the professional to do it for you.
He does it for hobby, but he even took classes to learn and have lots of experience and professional tools. Definitely not for beginners. :frown2:

·
Registered
320 Posts

Question: Can the stone guard be installed directly over the paint protection film? Can the stone guard be changed out without damaging the film?

·
user /tron
880 Posts
This winter's projects have been:

Installed LSD
Installed ACT clutch
Installed clam hinge

purchased waiting for install:

Over fenders (looking for suitable wheels)
BWR sway bar

If the budget allows:
purchase new springs and perches from BWR
Stiff rear engine mount
What overfenders and where did you get them?

Mine is in the shop now for an ACT HDSS clutch, Fidanza flywheel and front and rear motor mounts.

21 - 40 of 68 Posts