The Lotus Cars Community banner

41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Question: Can the stone guard be installed directly over the paint protection film? Can the stone guard be changed out without damaging the film?
Why not? :grin2:
I'm pretty sure you can remove stone guard w/o damaging the film...
My friend has steamer tool to remove films and if the film gets damaged, I can ask him for a replacement.
Good to have a friend with skills.. 0:)

·
Registered
434 Posts
Installed HubQR2 Quick Release with OMP Superquadro steering wheel.

Do you have any more pictures of your beautiful Exige with the Reverie hatch? (and wingless)
Due to weather, couldnt take out car to take any decent pics after the install...
Took a few the other day in the garage..

·
Registered
399 Posts
US Customs released it and UPS delivered the shipment to me today. My Christmas gift from Elise Parts.:D:D The uprights are the 16mm drop ones which will give me lots of ride height flexibility. Weight of the wheel bearing/hubs is a real eye-opener -- 10.95 kg for all four, less fasteners. The four uprights weigh 8.04 kg. (Rears [email protected], fronts [email protected]).

Attachments

·
Registered
7,027 Posts
Nice "pieces of kit" as they say over there.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Learned that the BOE Coolant Header Tank does not work with the stock intake. Installed BOE Cold Air Intake. The CAI requires a tune so looking forward to the new BOE tune. Still waiting on the dampers to come back after a rebuild.....

Attachments

·
Registered
145 Posts
US Customs released it and UPS delivered the shipment to me today. My Christmas gift from Elise Parts.:D:D The uprights are the 16mm drop ones which will give me lots of ride height flexibility. Weight of the wheel bearing/hubs is a real eye-opener -- 10.95 kg for all four, less fasteners. The four uprights weigh 8.04 kg. (Rears [email protected], fronts [email protected]).
Updates?

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
I ordered the rear oil cooler and upgraded Exige intercooler from BOE today. I need to get behind the engine and fix some oil leaks so I figure now is a good time up get rid of those oil hoses.

Interesting fact: I can't take the coolers out of the car as I am actually 14 lbs under weight for TT3 and need them in there, would rather remove passenger seat if I get to the point where I add enough splitter and side skirt that I can remove weight.

·
Premium Member
1,067 Posts
I ordered the rear oil cooler and upgraded Exige intercooler from BOE today. I need to get behind the engine and fix some oil leaks so I figure now is a good time up get rid of those oil hoses.

Interesting fact: I can't take the coolers out of the car as I am actually 14 lbs under weight for TT3 and need them in there, would rather remove passenger seat if I get to the point where I add enough splitter and side skirt that I can remove weight.
Kevin,

Take them out so that you can add weight to the car where it is most beneficial. A good example is placing blast in the passenger side to make sure that you are 50% Left to Right. Another good place is the front of the car so that you can get closer to a 50% Front to Rear. If you add weight to the front, do not go past the front axle line and keep it as low as possible.

Later,
Eldon

·
Registered
399 Posts
Still running on standard parts for another month or so. The Elise Parts rear uprights eliminate the standard rear brake caliper in favor of a base front caliper moved to rear or their bespoke caliper. So, I've got to collect some more parts.

I did, in March, run Sebring with Hoosier A7s. Not completely comfortable on them yet to push hard but they are magical compared to A048s -- at least for two heat cycles. Dropped 4+ seconds and totally wiped a nearly new set of Carbotech 12 front brake pads. Biggest joy is in harassing Porsche GT3s now. :D Of course, that is with good but not great drivers. Some very light rubbing inside rear on frame with a 7mm spacer, 124mm ride height, S260 wheels, 225/45-17 A7, 3mm total toe. A lower rear ride height on A7s will be a challenge to achieve.

Bob L

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Kevin,

Take them out so that you can add weight to the car where it is most beneficial. A good example is placing blast in the passenger side to make sure that you are 50% Left to Right. Another good place is the front of the car so that you can get closer to a 50% Front to Rear. If you add weight to the front, do not go past the front axle line and keep it as low as possible.

Later,
Eldon
Eldon, I didn't think about having the weight behind the axle line, I guess it makes sense that I would want it behind and on the passenger side.

·
boxerman
408 Posts
Brake motor and transmission fluids changed, and done every 4 days. Just installed a Shorai lithium battery and built an aluminum battery tray, lost 31lbs, corner balanced the car got 50% each side, and aligned. Fresh pads.

Should hit the track in week and see how it goes.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Not all done yet, but getting there: single rear oil cooler, pulled the 2 front coolers, oil temp gauge, 2bular header and SDCP mid-pipe, Shinoo's shifter, and air cooling ducts for the front brakes (making use of the oil cooler air intake ports). The brake ducts are almost done, I couldn't find an off the shelf duct to fit the "partial moon" shaped ports, so I designed a custom inlet with a 2 in diam outlet and had it 3D printed in nylon (and mirrored for the opposite side). The front clam is back on and I'm in the process of buttoning up the cooling ducts and air hose right now. Waiting to get the exhaust parts back from Swain Tech and I haven't started the shifter install yet, but the oil cooler, fan, and gauge are done. I can't believe it's mid-May, I'm slow!

·
Illegal Alien
4,715 Posts
While awaiting my Evora Sport 410 delivery I've ordered harness bar from SSC, pulled by LMS Alloy Wet Oil Sump from my old Evora, received my BOE stepped long tube headers yesterday and shipped them right off to Swain Tech for ceramic coating

·
Registered
299 Posts
Took this advice and tightened rear toe links. Sector DSBrace on the rear with a support link between the two sides and still was loose? Swapped out the transmission fluid with Redline and smoothed the shifts.

Put a brake controller in my wife's Explorer. The towing limit is 5k. Car, supplies, and trailer are <4k. I consider this a success because I downsized her from a Tahoe;} I keep telling her we are on the "wind down" since one kid is leaving for college next year.

41 - 60 of 68 Posts