The Lotus Cars Community banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Self critique.

That's a good looking lap with nice rev matching.

Can you tell me more about the AIM Solo lap timer mount you are using? I'm using a suction cup to the windscreen but it would be much better where you have it.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I thought I was done when I wrote post #58 - but alas I found a coil over leaking... so after about 20K track miles I have taken them off and I am going to send them in to Ohlins to be rebuild/refreshed. Maybe about $800-1100. Weeee fun. ;)

THEN FINALLY the car will be ready for the track again... just in time for Texas 100+degF weather. :laugh2::laugh2::facepalm:crying::laugh2::laugh2:

My car videos: Here

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
I thought I was done when I wrote post #53 - but alas I found a coil over leaking... so after about 20K track miles I have taken them off and I am going to send them in to Ohlins to be rebuild/refreshed. Maybe about $800-1100. Weeee fun. ;)

THEN FINALLY the car will be ready for the track again... just in time for Texas 100+degF weather. :laugh2::laugh2::facepalm:crying::laugh2::laugh2:

I have a shop that I work with in Mooresville, NC that worked with me to produce a excellent valving for my Ohlins dual adjustable. It shouldn't cost that much to get the shocks rebuilt.

Later,
Eldon

·
Registered
34 Posts
Self critique.

That's a good looking lap with nice rev matching.

Can you tell me more about the AIM Solo lap timer mount you are using? I'm using a suction cup to the windscreen but it would be much better where you have it.
It's a Ram mount similar to the suction cup you're using, but with a roll bar mount in plate of the suction cup. I could snag you a photo if you'd like.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I thought I was done when I wrote post #58 - but alas I found a coil over leaking... so after about 20K track miles I have taken them off and I am going to send them in to Ohlins to be rebuild/refreshed. Maybe about $800-1100. Weeee fun. ;)

I have a shop that I work with in Mooresville, NC that worked with me to produce a excellent valving for my Ohlins dual adjustable. It shouldn't cost that much to get the shocks rebuilt.

Later,
Eldon
Ohlins mentioned only 3 locations to rebuild them, 2 in CA and themselves (USA HQ) in NC. I am sure there are other competent shops in the States but they didn't tell me who they were. Perhaps those are the only "certified" rebuilders of their automotive coil overs? Good or bad their estimate came in at about what I got hit (I mean charged) with. With no damage to my coil overs - only wear... I asked for a total rebuild/refresh... including replacing the lines from shock body to reservoirs that were beat up from previous owner.
My cost for shipping to Ohilns HQ was $50, then their charge for parts, labor, return shipping was $25 (nice), $270 for labor and $725 for parts. $1070 total door to door. Unfortunately I won't get them back by this weekend.

There you go all, you can now price shop... ;)

·
Registered
669 Posts
In the last couple days I swapped in a silenced de-cat mid-pipe, heat-wrapped the elbow of the mid-pipe, checked my rear suspension bolts, changed my brake pads, bled my brakes, and mounted new R888R tires. I'll be at Mont Tremblant next weekend (7/28-31), I haven't been on that track since 2004 :smile2:

61 - 68 of 68 Posts