The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, So I got the manual today. Came with the original window sticker. The car has the "PERFORMANCE PACK" and the Touring Pack. What is the difference from between the performance pack and the track pack? The car has the LSD switch on the console, so I am assuming it has that.

Googling it does not give me clear answers. Sounds like it may have some extra HP. The performance pack was a $3,395 option.

This is a 2007 Exige S.

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
OK, So I got the manual today. Came with the original window sticker. The car has the "PERFORMANCE PACK" and the Touring Pack. What is the difference from between the performance pack and the track pack? The car has the LSD switch on the console, so I am assuming it has that.

Googling it does not give me clear answers. Sounds like it may have some extra HP. The performance pack was a $3,395 option.

This is a 2007 Exige S.
Does the sticker specifically list the LSD? My sticker has Track Pack and LSD listed separately... Maybe "Performance Pack" means "Track Pack" + LSD?

·
Registered
985 Posts
The Performance Pack was a launch version with is the track pack with LSD and traction control.

This is a 2007 Exige S.

·
Registered
9,294 Posts

This is a 2007 Exige S.
IIRC there is a different sway bar with the performance pack, not just track pack +LSD/TC. I'm not sure what that difference is other than the performance pack bar being yellow.

BTW, you do not have an LSD switch on the console. There is no way to turn on/off the LSD. That switch is for the traction control. Having that switch does not necessarily mean that you have LSD (unless the above posts are correct about the def of performance pack) as TC was available without LSD in '07.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BTW, you do not have an LSD switch on the console. There is no way to turn on/off the LSD. That switch is for the traction control. Having that switch does not necessarily mean that you have LSD (unless the above posts are correct about the def of performance pack) as TC was available without LSD in '07.
Thanks. That clears up some confusion I had.

·
Mulholland>SCC
2,532 Posts
I have a copy of the letter from Lotus. It states...

"Performance Pack" - a special package that will be available only on the first customer car for each dealership - Track Pack, Limited Slip and Traction for $3,395 (savings of $890)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

"Performance Pack" - a special package that will be available only on the first customer car for each dealership - Track Pack, Limited Slip and Traction for $3,395 (savings of $890)
:bow: That would be the answer. Thank you. Car was originally purchased 2/2/07.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts

That's right - it was a limited time promotion that bunched these options together. Nothing different about them individually and no extra HP. The buyer just got a little better deal. The launch cars (as they were known then at the beginning of the 07 model year in the US) were all Storm Titanium S's. The Performance Pack was available on other colored Exiges at that same time.

·
Mulholland>SCC
2,532 Posts
That's right - it was a limited time promotion that bunched these options together. Nothing different about them individually and no extra HP. The buyer just got a little better deal. The launch cars (as they were known then at the beginning of the 07 model year in the US) were all Storm Titanium S's. The Performance Pack was available on other colored Exiges at that same time.
Yup, these launch cars that were all Storm Titanium were demo cars that were to remain in stock throughout the fall.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Track pack sway bar is yellow as well. It was a launch option to allow savings for an options loaded car. I believe they were all storm titanium cars.

IIRC there is a different sway bar with the performance pack, not just track pack +LSD/TC. I'm not sure what that difference is other than the performance pack bar being yellow.

·
Mulholland>SCC
2,532 Posts
No, only the demo cars were storm titanium. The first Exige S's for customers were any color.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I had one of those Storm Titanium 2007 S's - those were the "launch" cars - they were available for sale. They werent exclusively demonstrator cars and not for sale. I purchased mine in October 2006. It was the first S in the US I saw available for sale. The listing is still in the archives here from HRM.

These other colored cars were available in conjuction with the Launch cars at the same time. There is nothing unique about the equipment or one-off about it - the Performance Pack is a promotional package of LSD (which includes traction control) and Track Pack - along with whatever color it was.

·
Mulholland>SCC
2,532 Posts
Here is a scan of the letter. Interpret it how you will. I based my posts solely on this letter. The highlighter marks are from the previous owner, nothing to do with this thread.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...you have a new exhaust... ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts