The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 201 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone posted something about looking for an architect and there were quite a few here so it got me wondering—we all drive interesting cars, what do you do to make that possible.

My bet is a lot of us have pretty “cool” jobs if we were interested in such quirky cars.

·
Administrator
2005 Lotus Elise
2,500 Posts
Engineer at NASA, working on launching America's next Moon rocket, the SLS, early next year in 2022. This is one big a** vehicle. I've been working at Kennedy Space Center since 1984.

Infrastructure Gas Engineering Aircraft engine Urban design

Gas Engineering Cylinder Composite material Rocket

Amber Fixture City Tints and shades Engineering
Cloud Gesture Finger Thumb Rocket

·
Registered
431 Posts
retired....
previously police (like to drive pursuits!)

Reactions: Midenginer

·
Registered
2006 Lotus Elise BRG
457 Posts
Previously was an all wheel drive system Engineer. Started doing development of transfer cases, eventually did software to control center and rear differentials for both traction and vehicle stability. Involved lots of travel to many cool places. Worked with most OEMs over the years, the ones with AWD vehicles anyway.
That company moved out of town as I was starting a family so I left to stay local. Now I'm slumming it as an Aerospace Hydraulics Engineer.
I drove countless vehicles at almost every vehicle development facility in the world. So far no one has let me fly or taxi an aircraft. 😞

·
Registered
2005 Starlight Black Lotus Elise
72 Posts
Can't say my job is that interesting, but I'm a computer/network technician. I feel like an IT everyman at my current job, doing regular desktop support, network switch changes, and the occasional database work.

·
Registered
2017 Lotus Evora 400 manual, 2009 Rossion Q1, 2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
771 Posts
I'm one of the architects here. My first job out of school was as a tile apprentice, now have my own practice. Our bread and butter is industrial but we do all types of commercial projects like office buildings, bars/restaurants, retail centers and parking structures. Probably our most interesting are film and television studios which we design and consult on internationally.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Databases today. I have been:

Radio Telegrapher
Radio Electronics Officer (USMM)
Small Business Owner (Coffee Service, computer consulting)
Student
Neurosurgeon
GP Physician
Business Analyst
Wow. I know maybe one person with a longer, more disparate set of jobs. Maybe.
‐------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm just a student for the time being.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Retired at 37, from being a hobo (kidding, traveled and sailed the world, ski, kayak/canoe/raft bike guide). Built house, shop, on 1 acre hobby farm. 4 kids, 8, 15, 21, 26 who are getting along in life well.

Try not to buy anything cuz i dont want to contribute to the corporate capitalists, living in the middle of nowhere helps.

Sold the rafting co in 08 when things looked bad, bought a wrecker and deck truck. Do vehicle repairs, plowed 400m2 of snow in the last week. Fix appliances etc, and try to have fun with kids.

Looking to buy some rafts, tired of 24/7.

·
Registered
2021 Evora GT
2,595 Posts
Traveled and lived all over the world managing projects for Boeing as a Program and Quality Sr. Manager. Got home, worked with the FAA over 21 Boeing factories and had kids. Got the rescue call to go recover quality on the 737 Max. Did that!
Then took a package, retired and lived on Biden-bucks for a year. Restored a 1980s Fiat 2000.
Now just hanging out with my 12YO twin boys and tinkering with the (3rd Evora) '21 Evora GT. Looking for a local Seattle Quality Director job (a little).

Reactions: Midenginer

·
Registered
372 Posts
IT Manager for an MSP. We support from SMB to Enterprise. I don't do much workstation support these days, but still get my hands dirty in servers. Do more of the architecting now, site evaluations, customer onboarding, etc.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Engineer at NASA, working on launching America's next Moon rocket, the SLS, early next year in 2022. This is one big a** vehicle. I've been working at Kennedy Space Center since 1984.
Aerospace Design/Development in Satellites and Launch Vehicle propulsion @RapidLotus just finished up working on the Capstone mission vehicle for your Artemis Moon mission!

Automotive lighting Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Electrical wiring Engineering Gas Technology Machine

1 - 20 of 201 Posts