The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I've been in touch with a nearby dealership on a brand new left over 2018 Evora 400. The msrp is $121,240. They are willing to do $85k on it. What do you guys think? Would you push for more?

I'm still considering buying a used one. I don't hold onto cars for very long (1 year), so I might take a healthy hit on something new...man but "new" has that new car scent. :)

Thanks

·
Registered
782 Posts
Is the warranty punched? If so, when?

Second question would be are the options that made it 121k originally options you want/would choose? If not, might not be a great discount for things you don't value.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He told me it has 4 years of service (I gather that's referencing the warranty).

It has the following:
Carbon Pack 2
Obsidian Schwartz Black Paint
Subwoofer, Cruise Control, Premium Infotainment Radio
Alcantara Steering wheel
Battery Maintainer

All those options look good to me except for one....the friggin' $8k paint job.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Upside to that 8k paint job is that sounds like one of the bespoke color 2018 "final" 400s. If it really has 4 years of warranty, sounds good to me. You'd have at least 2 years left when you sell it on even if you held it a bit longer than you say you usually do.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just did a similar deal on a 2018 Evora 400, also Black. I thought it was worth it. If it has warranty def worth it. You’ll need it for some minor things, after those are fixed you’ll be good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
208 Posts
You need to clarify the warranty... the standard is only 3 years unless they are offering to change oil for 4 years (make sure brake bleeds are included.

Contact Lotus US and ask them to confirm the warranty on that VIN... if better than what the dealer is telling you, just keep that to yourself :)

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
I've seen a few other "left over" 400s at dealers for around $77k... and I was told by Simon from Lotus Cars UK that there is a dealer with a 2013 S and 2014 S still on their lot unsold... but the dealership pocked the incentives so they are still priced in the $70k range...

but anyway, yeah, I've been looking at the unsold 400s myself for the $77k-$85k range... they've seemed like a great deal to me!

·
Registered
65 Posts
$85k is pretty close to what used ones go for. Obviously wouldn’t hurt to try to get them lower on the price, worse they would do say no

seems like more 400’s are in the $65-$80k area used

·
Loves to talk
847 Posts
A fully loaded '18 400, which any 122k MSRP car would be, is a great deal. By way of comparison, I paid more for an early '17(not leftover at the time) because I was an early adopter. So to me, it looks solid. If it's just about the money and you don't care about the options, than any '17 will do fine as they all drive the same. But for max impact on the hot polloi (and to impress our denizens) , a tarted up one is always to be desired. And racing green? None better (see my avatar)

S1s are great of course, but I'd spend the extra to go with a 400 every time. That's a matter of resources of course but if it doesn't pinch you, get the newest bestest one you can!!!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Sounds good and I would add that the '17-'19 models are the best looking; the '20 has a rear end that's getting rather busy ala C8 vette. Many of the available options are now standard in the new GT which is the only inducement I can see to purchase aside from the doubling of the downforce. The full warranty is a no brainer; they don't offer extended warranties in my area. Nice knowing your new ride hasn't been tracked as well.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Hey,

I've been in touch with a nearby dealership on a brand new left over 2018 Evora 400. The msrp is $121,240. They are willing to do $85k on it. What do you guys think? Would you push for more?

I'm still considering buying a used one. I don't hold onto cars for very long (1 year), so I might take a healthy hit on something new...man but "new" has that new car scent. :)

Thanks
that is a great deal. The choice is yours, used for 70k plus or brand new for 85k plus.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Someone recently posted that they got an Evora 400 with 1k miles for $67K, I've been tracking the prices as I'm currently in the market for an Evora.
so far there are only 3 cars under 70k. 67,68,69...lots of people post that they got a 400 with super low miles at super bargain prices...I doub it. At high 60s price the Evora 400 is already a bargain.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Might not be any now, however they pop up at times

heres one at $68.9k, if link doesn’t work it’s at Alfa/Maserati of Jacksonville

another dealership in Vegas has one at $67.9k
Ever month there are less and less Evora 400for sale. Prices will likely stay in the low 70s and a handful in the High 60s. I doubt you will see again an Evora 400 at 65k, unless the car has tons of miles. The cheapestone right now is a yellow at West Lotus Las Vegas, priced $67,900 with 9900 miles on it.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts