The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
so far there are only 3 cars under 70k. 67,68,69...lots of people post that they got a 400 with super low miles at super bargain prices...I doub it. At high 60s price the Evora 400 is already a bargain.
I appreciate your consistency in the face of all evidence. ;)

·
Registered
69 Posts
price seems solid but if you flip it in a year you will lose some cash. whether it has 3000 miles or 10,000 miles I have noticed several 400's in the high 60's. At 85k and tax you will still take a hit IF you flip it in a year. I don't see any way around that.

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Buy it, if you can afford it, drive it like you stole it, have fun, keep it until something more radicle shows up, how often do you see another Lotus? 100 Corvetts for every 1 Lotus. My garage has a 2012 Lotus N/A IPS Evora, a 2017 Lotus Evora 400, IPS, I'm thinking of selling my 2012. I put miles on my cars, no garage queens. I'd rather buy a Lotus with some miles on it and a great work history, they do have there problems, that's a Lotus.

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
I called Secor today to inquire about the 2 new 2014 Evora S they have. They quoted me $65k and $66k. Both cars only have 60 days left on their warrantees. These are brand new cars, never been titled, so why not the full 3 year warrantee

·
Loves to talk
867 Posts
For me the biggest single option that changes the nature of the experience (and resale value) is which transmission one selects. Consequently it's been my opinion (and largely my observation) that in the long run, the manual version will command the premium. I don't think anybody is willing to actually pay the premium the auto box commands, even if that's the box they want. As for colors, to each their own and although it's true some colors both cost more and/or are more appealing to given individuals, I think for every ass there is a set in that respect. OTOH, if you want a manual, nothing else will do.

I'm not a fan of yellow but I generally prefer the skittles over tones like black, gray or white....the non colors.

Whatever, color is subjective and I like them in a good number of the colors they come in and they aren't ever ugly to me. Clearly I be a fanboi.

I think predicting which colors will have the most FUTURE value is well beyond my skill set, not that this has been raised as a question per se.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Why would you buy new if going to sell in a year? I guess someone has to lose the first $25K in value, and it would never be me. But if you buy it and it's a 6 speed then I'll definitely buy it from you for $60-65k in a year!!

·
Lotus Sales
17 Posts
Perhaps instead of buying an almost new pre-owned at 78-89k, and worrying about depreciation, a good option would be to Lease a new Evora GT and get one of the most amazing and engaging sports cars available today. Hand Built for the Driver's - Enjoy every minute you have in the car, and give it back in 36 months.

·
Registered
983 Posts
It just seems crazy to me that there are Evoras that have been sitting in dealer showrooms for the better part of five years...going on six years! That's insane. They need to lower the prices down into high $50s. Any more than that, and a buyer can just find a nice clean S or 400 on the used market. I'm not really up to speed on Evora values, but a 'new' car that's over five years old just seems nuts...doesn't that also mean that Lotus made too many?

·
Registered
516 Posts
It just seems crazy to me that there are Evoras that have been sitting in dealer showrooms for the better part of five years...going on six years! That's insane. They need to lower the prices down into high $50s. Any more than that, and a buyer can just find a nice clean S or 400 on the used market. I'm not really up to speed on Evora values, but a 'new' car that's over five years old just seems nuts...doesn't that also mean that Lotus made too many?
I think it means that dealer is an idiot.

·
Registered
195 Posts
People always forget that listed price is not the same as eventual selling price. I have bought two used Evora 400s in the last 12 months, both 2017s, both for well under what they were originally listed for.

People aren't tripping over themselves and walking to dealers to buy Evoras everyday, they are a very niche product. They move slow so dealers are always willing to deal.

Just my experience, YMMV.

·
Lotus Sales
17 Posts
Defending the dealer (slightly) The Evora S and the Evora N/A were a hard sell - though 2012-2014 were very well made and good automobiles, they just didn't hit the mark to get much positive press and were a very unknown brand. They were also more difficult to get in and out of, The Evora 400 changed all that! Lotus is a very small car company, but a larger engineering company. 85% of the cars on the road have some form of Lotus Engineering. For many years prior to 2005 their production numbers were less than 100 hand build cars in the USA. - recalling the Esprit. The Evora S just didn't have the horsepower and 0-60 numbers to catch the mainstream auto press, and Lotus Cars LTD did not have the resources to fund big ad campaigns. So in some areas it is virtually an unknown and difficult car to sell. But not anymore -The Evora GT has the performance 3.8 0-60 and 416hp, 188 MPH top speed, is almost the same price point as the 400, and with Parent Company Geely's funding they will be able to market better in the USA. The UK's Evora GT430 was a raging success though very limited in numbers, the Evora GT is essentially a US (DOT) version of GT430. - As great as the Evora 400 is, the GT is even better, faster more focused. Go to your dealer and drive one!, I mean really drive one, and experience the GT, and if you discover the passion of driving a sports car again then Share that, and get the word out. All Lotus USA needs is about 200 buyers to be sold out in 2020 and take orders for 2021. "Hand built for the Driver's"

·
Registered
619 Posts
Evora 400 has only Been out since 2017. The Evora S are in the mid to high 50s.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Defending the dealer (slightly) The Evora S and the Evora N/A were a hard sell - though 2012-2014 were very well made and good automobiles, they just didn't hit the mark to get much positive press and were a very unknown brand. They were also more difficult to get in and out of, The Evora 400 changed all that! Lotus is a very small car company, but a larger engineering company. 85% of the cars on the road have some form of Lotus Engineering. For many years prior to 2005 their production numbers were less than 100 hand build cars in the USA. - recalling the Esprit. The Evora S just didn't have the horsepower and 0-60 numbers to catch the mainstream auto press, and Lotus Cars LTD did not have the resources to fund big ad campaigns. So in some areas it is virtually an unknown and difficult car to sell. But not anymore -The Evora GT has the performance 3.8 0-60 and 416hp, 188 MPH top speed, is almost the same price point as the 400, and with Parent Company Geely's funding they will be able to market better in the USA. The UK's Evora GT430 was a raging success though very limited in numbers, the Evora GT is essentially a US (DOT) version of GT430. - As great as the Evora 400 is, the GT is even better, faster more focused. Go to your dealer and drive one!, I mean really drive one, and experience the GT, and if you discover the passion of driving a sports car again then Share that, and get the word out. All Lotus USA needs is about 200 buyers to be sold out in 2020 and take orders for 2021. "Hand built for the Driver's"
2021 Last year production of Lotus Evora ever.

·
Registered
70 Posts
People always forget that listed price is not the same as eventual selling price. I have bought two used Evora 400s in the last 12 months, both 2017s, both for well under what they were originally listed for.

People aren't tripping over themselves and walking to dealers to buy Evoras everyday, they are a very niche product. They move slow so dealers are always willing to deal.

Just my experience, YMMV.

I think that’s what georgiadawg doesn’t understand, that a asking price of $67k-$69k more then likely has a selling price of $65k.... could be less... I know... shocker!!

A dealership a hour away had one at $65k, sold in the last week... and that was asking price!

As we know, one heck of a car for $85k let alone under $70k

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
I can't comment on the wisdom of buying that car IF you are going to sell in a year but finding a new 2018 optioned as you like for that price seems like a great buy. I would only say that if it is indeed new (untitled and not driven more than 50 miles) with a full warranty available. I paid a similar amount for my new 2017 and was very happy.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Th
I think that’s what georgiadawg doesn’t understand, that a asking price of $67k-$69k more then likely has a selling price of $65k.... could be less... I know... shocker!!

A dealership a hour away had one at $65k, sold in the last week... and that was asking price!

As we know, one heck of a car for $85k let alone under $70k
that is an assumption that they will negotiate with you. Most if the times they won’t because already the low price and low number of cars for sale. Hey if you get it in 50k good for you dude.

21 - 40 of 68 Posts