The Lotus Cars Community banner

41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Th

that is an assumption that they will negotiate with you. Most if the times they won’t because already the low price and low number of cars for sale. Hey if you get it in 50k good for you dude.
Spoken like a car dealer.

In reality, every Lotus dealer will negotiate with you. They are all very willing to deal, except some really dumb ones like the one that's holding on to new 2014s and those don't stay in business very long.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Is the warranty punched? If so, when?
I stopped by the lotus dealership this afternoon...
It turns out the warranty card was punched in June 2019, so roughly 7-8 months has expired. The sales guys said that they had to punch the warranty card to start the free maintenance package. This package runs for 3 years and started at the same time the warranty card was punched.

The car looked great, but I did notice a lot of swirl marks in the paint and carbon fiber. The sales guy tried to ensure that these aren't big deals.

I told them I'd purchase it on the spot for $80k and they said "no". It was worth a shot.

They had a few GTs on the showroom floor and there's a noticeable difference between the 400 and GT.

After seeing it, I'm still undecided...I'm also considering a GT350R as well. :)

·
Premium Member
2,114 Posts
If they were asking $85, $80 doesn't seem like an insultingly low offer, so it seems a bit surprising they didn't at least try to negotiate, e.g., I can't go lower than $83,500, and see where things go. I do think they sometimes get hung up on MSRP, but if 1% of cars actually sell for that, then really, what's the point? And the Lotus market is fairly small and many of the deals are semi-well known.

I have also said before that no matter what you pay, someone on this board, a friend, whatever, is going to tell you they got the exact same car for $10k less the day after you buy. a) don't believe it; and b) if the only thing driving you is price - not that it's not important, but it shouldn't be the only reason - then you'll never be happy. It should be that the car fills a variety of needs and desires, and price, if it's it the ballpark, is something you won't really focus on after your first few drives.

All cars depreciate initially. Many hold their values better than others - many Porsches for example - and some - like certain Ferrari's - can actually appreciate over long periods of time. But even Ferraris - look at the prices for Mondeo's - can depreciate. I don't know that leasing would fix this; the leasing firm is going to build that in to the price, but it might be an option.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I spoke to a man on the inside and he claimed that most dealers will have about $80k in the Evora (most well equipped) so I can see them being very reluctant to go below $85k. even at that price the profit margin is slim. I know the Gt's are all in the $117 to $120 range here

·
Registered
619 Posts
Accord
I stopped by the lotus dealership this afternoon...
It turns out the warranty card was punched in June 2019, so roughly 7-8 months has expired. The sales guys said that they had to punch the warranty card to start the free maintenance package. This package runs for 3 years and started at the same time the warranty card was punched.

The car looked great, but I did notice a lot of swirl marks in the paint and carbon fiber. The sales guy tried to ensure that these aren't big deals.

I told them I'd purchase it on the spot for $80k and they said "no". It was worth a shot.

They had a few GTs on the showroom floor and there's a noticeable difference between the 400 and GT.

After seeing it, I'm still undecided...I'm also considering a GT350R as well. :)
according to expert @xxaarraa apparently (all lotus dealers) are willing to negotiate. Obviously reality is different. However, you could get a low miles 2017 for much less than the one you offered 80k. My 2017 has been bullet proof.

·
Registered
54 Posts
My recent experience involves a 2018 with a 2019 inception date, 1,100 miles, original sticker about $115,000. Listed at a nearby Audi dealership for $89,000 for close to 6 months then finally dropped to $75,000 at which point I snatched it up. That I liked the options and colors, was a contributing factor; that there was maybe one other used with warranty in Florida, another. Availability certainly effects price state to state. If you don't mind traveling or taking the chance on delivery without a test drive, bigger discounts abound. I'd pay more for peace of mind though.

·
Premium Member
6,310 Posts

·
Premium Member
518 Posts
Secor has an IPS in stock. 2013 Yellow/black
hmm... looking at some of the other cars they have listed, they have a black 2014 listed as "manual" but when you go to more details, it's an auto... the pics of the yellow aren't loading for me atm

·
Premium Member
6,310 Posts
Green and White are definitely manual "S' s. The yellow is definitely an IPS NA car. Offer them 50K and start from there. Always kept indoors. realize their asking prices are a joke and go from there. Supposedly they want them gone. Their website sucks and is fullof inaccuracies. I know the vehicles very well after several years of seeing them!

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Secor clearly doesn't want to sell their two 14s or the evora 400 they have either. asking more for the evora 400 than the msrp of a evora GT.

·
Registered
26 Posts
You can definitely get some of the 400’s in the high $50k’s if you make an offer on some. I’ve been looking for a few months and they are dropping. A brand new green ‘17 400 can be had for mid to low $60’s if you negotiate with them.

I’ve decided to wait a few months due to corvettes c8 causing market adjustments to some extent.

I’d say $45k-$55k for a low mileage 400 in Oct- Dec ‘20 once used C8’s are around and Ferrari F430’s drop in the $70k’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
619 Posts
You can definitely get some of the 400’s in the high $50k’s if you make an offer on some. I’ve been looking for a few months and they are dropping. A brand new green ‘17 400 can be had for mid to low $60’s if you negotiate with them.

I’ve decided to wait a few months due to corvettes c8 causing market adjustments to some extent.

I’d say $45k-$55k for a low mileage 400 in Oct- Dec ‘20 once used C8’s are around and Ferrari F430’s drop in the $70k’s.

HAHAHA! 😂🤣 -- You are going to be waiting a long time

·
Registered
26 Posts
Maybe...
maybe not...

There’s nothing wrong with that...
I’ve bought many Lotus’ and they all took huge hits except for my S4s. I would do it all over again.
I’ve been on the phone with several 400 owners who dropped their prices more than what you’d believe. I pulled the trigger on a 400 two months ago but retracted the purchase after dealer inspection.

After what had happened to sports car market in past few months and what I’m being told and noticing about what will happen i the next year, I’ll be a buyer in 10months when prices drop another $10-15k

·
Registered
313 Posts
Just

Just because there’s 1 car for that price doesn’t put it in a price ‘range’
(which you then don’t buy because it doesn’t pass inspection. Justifying the low price)

You’re not going to see 400s at 45-50k in 8mths. I would put good money on it.

All speculation though. And dreams are free.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The price was $61k with 8k miles but there was a problem with one rotor and service dept knew the car and said it was often tracked. I don’t have a problem with a tracked car but owner lied about that and it bothered me.

I’m saying that true price in 10months will be low $50’s. I might be right... I might be wrong.. Who cares... like I said... I’ve lost lots $$ on cars and prob will many times more.. buy it ... drive it.. and have fun...

·
Registered
20 Posts

I'm in the market for a 400 and clearly don't have your negotiation skills, the lowest 17's I've found are mid $60s and 2018 is $70k but it has had bodywork. Please DM me any leads you have on clean cars the $50's or even $60k, if you are not buying right now. Thank You.

41 - 60 of 68 Posts