The Lotus Cars Community banner

61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,350 Posts
With all these numbers flying around, if someone wants an ideally sorted 2011S with 31K miles for 50K, I'll sell it tomorrow. All the right stuff including 2bular track exhaust, Girodiscs, HK Fever louvered hatch....even extra wheels. Ideal alignment, excellent condition 1 scratch on RR corner from a parking lot rub.

·
Registered
853 Posts
You can definitely get some of the 400’s in the high $50k’s if you make an offer on some. I’ve been looking for a few months and they are dropping. A brand new green ‘17 400 can be had for mid to low $60’s if you negotiate with them.

I’ve decided to wait a few months due to corvettes c8 causing market adjustments to some extent.

I’d say $45k-$55k for a low mileage 400 in Oct- Dec ‘20 once used C8’s are around and Ferrari F430’s drop in the $70k’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You are probably optimistic on the 400 but it wouldn't be out of the question with how Lotus cars depreciate. You are out of your mind on the 430. Unless a huge recession hits you will still be pushing it to get a clean F1 360 for 70k, nevermind a 430.

·
Registered
26 Posts
You are probably optimistic on the 400 but it wouldn't be out of the question with how Lotus cars depreciate. You are out of your mind on the 430. Unless a huge recession hits you will still be pushing it to get a clean F1 360 for 70k, nevermind a 430.
F430’s will definitely be in the $70’s in the time window I stated above. The “advertising” prices are low to high $90’s on great condition ones and “selling” prices are mid $80’s.
Ferrari dealers will give you low to mid $60’s on an f430 with 15-30k miles then turn around and try selling them at $95k. Call Ferrari of Los Gatos and check yourself what they would give for “your f430” wink wink... let me know what they tell you.

There is a bit more price adjustment waiting to happen on them but not much more (maybe). Ferrari is producing tons of models and producing more of these models than they have in the past. 10 years ago on cars.com Ferrari “all models” resulted in 1050 total cars on the used market in USA and now there are over 1800, and in a few years there will be over 2000 sitting on cars.com.

·
Loves to talk
895 Posts
A bit off topic (like discussing Ferrari futures when talking bout Lotus) but how the hell do you delete a forum post in this format?

Why do I ask? I responded to the above F430 post without first realizing the argument had shifted to "somebody else's" 430!

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
While killer deals are great, I got one on a new leftover 07 Exige S in 2008, there is a down size to dealers truly selling at fire sale prices: they usually don't stay dealers.

When a dealer is discounting a side brand 25% get get a stale car off the lot, you're probably looking at a dealer that won't be a Lotus dealer much longer. They aren't making money selling Lotus cars.

People bust on 'stealerships' all the time for overcharging for service and parts. BUT the main benefit of buying new as opposed to a lightly used one that's already taken the depreciation hit is the warranty.

In the case of my Exige, two years into ownership, the dealership I bought it from dropped Lotus. It was one of the longest standing Lotus dealerships in the country to that point. Maybe the longest, along with Rothrock in Philly (which has since also dropped Lotus). I got rid of my Exige with a year left on the warranty clock because the nearest dealer for warranty work was at least 3 hours away.

So beat the dealers down, but mugging them on prices diminishes their number. Remember, if you want to buy a used Lotus, somebody had to buy it new...from a dealer.

·
Registered
29 Posts
only F430
F430’s will definitely be in the $70’s in the time window I stated above. The “advertising” prices are low to high $90’s on great condition ones and “selling” prices are mid $80’s.
Ferrari dealers will give you low to mid $60’s on an f430 with 15-30k miles then turn around and try selling them at $95k. Call Ferrari of Los Gatos and check yourself what they would give for “your f430” wink wink... let me know what they tell you.

Your limited knowledge is left to be questioned..... The only F430 you're going to get for that price is a high mileage bust down. Most F430s are still asking 95k great examples for a 105k+ The models with 35k+ miles questionable service history, terrible swirled rock chipped paint, cracked dried out leather, sticky button galore messes, and headers waiting to cost you a few grand will be 65-75k. Have fun with that :)

·
Registered
621 Posts
only F430

Your limited knowledge is left to be questioned..... The only F430 you're going to get for that price is a high mileage bust down. Most F430s are still asking 95k great examples for a 105k+ The models with 35k+ miles questionable service history, terrible swirled rock chipped paint, cracked dried out leather, sticky button galore messes, and headers waiting to cost you a few grand will be 65-75k. Have fun with that :)
He is trying to pressure buyers and sellers to think they are wrong about prices. He is a schemer that wants something nice for nothing thinking he can manipulate the conversation about those cars. Foolish mentality or just dreams.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I work hard to be lucky enough to have great cars... I work hard to sell these great cars and I work extra hard to save a few thousand sometimes many thousands to save on these cars.
Not here to pressure... just inform. Pay what you believe it’s worth, drive these amazing cars and be happy..

·
Registered
39 Posts
Someone recently posted that they got an Evora 400 with 1k miles for $67K, I've been tracking the prices as I'm currently in the market for an Evora.
That was me, I got my manual Evora 400 with 1k miles and a year left on the warranty for $67k.

However, the car was not stock. A rain light, a custom front spliter was installed, and the car had a LeMans style fuel filler installed. They did provide the original fuel filler cap so I'm going to restore that to stock, and have plans on removing and installing a GTC bumper as the custom splitter has been a pain in the ass, as the bolts keep coming undone and it's left some damage on the front bumper where they drilled it for holes and installed Rod Tie Bars with fat washers that dug into the fiberglass.

·
Registered
240 Posts
That was me, I got my manual Evora 400 with 1k miles and a year left on the warranty for $67k. However, the car was not stock....
Sounds like a track car. The initial cost for a used car is clearly cheaper but long-term running cost (and time needed) might be more expensive. I had though hard about this decision before buying my S1 new vs used - 6 years ago. I'm still glad I made that decision as my Evora has treated me very well all these years - prob many more years to come as I stay on top of the maintenance on the Toyota engine.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Sounds like a track car. The initial cost for a used car is clearly cheaper but long-term running cost (and time needed) might be more expensive. I had though hard about this decision before buying my S1 new vs used - 6 years ago. I'm still glad I made that decision as my Evora has treated me very well all these years - prob many more years to come as I stay on top of the maintenance on the Toyota engine.
It was meant to be a track car but it ended up trading hands soon after it was modded and broken in, the guy who bought it from him was some older gent who drove it some and decided to sell it.
I had a full professional inspection of the car and there were no signs of heavy use during those 1000 miles, basically sat in two people's garages before I ended up with it.
After buying it, I immediatly put on 7,000 miles onto the car dailying it to try and get as much use out of it during the rest of my warrenty period, haven't had anything come up so I'll prob buy an extended warranty when it ends.

·
Registered
437 Posts
It was meant to be a track car but it ended up trading hands soon after it was modded and broken in, the guy who bought it from him was some older gent who drove it some and decided to sell it.
I had a full professional inspection of the car and there were no signs of heavy use during those 1000 miles, basically sat in two people's garages before I ended up with it.
After buying it, I immediatly put on 7,000 miles onto the car dailying it to try and get as much use out of it during the rest of my warrenty period, haven't had anything come up so I'll prob buy an extended warranty when it ends.
Was this car yellow with black pack, manual, with same track mods? Saw this at Sarasota Lamborghini a number of months back...owner traded for Cayman for tracking.......

·
Registered
39 Posts
Was this car yellow with black pack, manual, with same track mods? Saw this at Sarasota Lamborghini a number of months back...owner traded for Cayman for tracking.......
Yup, the guy who bought it from Sarasota Lamborghini then decided he wanted some classic car and put it up for sale on consignment at a classic car shop, which is where I found it

·
Registered
81 Posts
i looked at a red 400 last year with 3800 miles and $65,000 would have probably closed the deal. It was an automatic and absolutely not fun to drive. nothing against auto box lovers but i want to drive the car so it was not that tempting. i do hope they do not drop because i would like my 2014S to hold its value as well. if you find a 400 anywhere in the low 60's I would grab it if you know that is what you want. i think these cars are a bargain at $70K with low miles and a good history. there are a few lemons out there in the 2017 range as the problems mounted with the new changes.

·
Registered
39 Posts
i looked at a red 400 last year with 3800 miles and $65,000 would have probably closed the deal. It was an automatic and absolutely not fun to drive. nothing against auto box lovers but i want to drive the car so it was not that tempting. i do hope they do not drop because i would like my 2014S to hold its value as well. if you find a 400 anywhere in the low 60's I would grab it if you know that is what you want. i think these cars are a bargain at $70K with low miles and a good history. there are a few lemons out there in the 2017 range as the problems mounted with the new changes.
Yeah the autos around where I live haven't been selling so well, I see them sit for a long time and eventually they keep dropping the price.
saw one sell for $66k with under 2k miles recently near where I live.

·
Premium Member
6,350 Posts
If Lotus would finally give us a PDK rivaling auto/man...I'd go for one as the manual era is coming to a close....not for discussion here. Just don't think an IPS will endure routine track abuse as they seem to have issues even on the street.

61 - 77 of 77 Posts