The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok Formula 1 season is behind us, there is snow on the ground, track is closed and car put away till spring. I am already getting anxious and was thinking of getting into iRacing. It seems pretty cool and cost is nominal. Does anyone out there know anything about it? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
ive seen some pretty crazy setups, I don't know too many details, but that the sky is sort of the limit with how accurate you want to be with it as far as a sim goes. The detail put into the cars and tracks when they get them on there is petty intense.

Would take a helluva computer to run at full tilt I think

·
Registered
203 Posts
Personally I play Simraceway, because I'm not able to do it often enough to justify the subscription fee of iRacing. They are pretty similar though I think. I built an $800 computer this past summer and can play it on high settings. My setup isn't anything fancy, just a driving force pro mounted on a card table and a 40" TV, but it works well.

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
I just finished getting a triple monitor rig setup on an old Mac Pro Tower with 2 Radeon HD 5770 cards linked via CrossFire. That let's me run my 3 22" displays (have 3 27"s - waiting for the mount) at full resolution (and the new 27's at 1080p).

Racing video game Steering part Steering wheel Vehicle Luxury vehicle

Racing video game Vehicle Car Auto part Race car

That's some ALMS type prototype car at VIR, one of my favorites. I have to admit I've been extremely impressed with not only the playability but the visual quality. I find myself crashing just taking in all the scenery. Especially at tracks I know IRL like VIR and Road Atlanta. I'm using the new Thrustmaster TX500 wheel, which I primarily got to work with Forza 5 / Xbox One - which turned into a big disappointment. I got this wheel since it would also work on the PC and while I'm glad I have the cross platform setup I would saved some money and gone for just a better wheel/pedal setup (the pedals on this thing SUCK). I did just order a replacement wheels (F430 rep) and am waiting for the new pedals.

I haven't raced online with anyone yet - my username is just my email - ross at jasbone.com - would love to do some wheel to wheel (even if it is virtual)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.