The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok Formula 1 season is behind us, there is snow on the ground, track is closed and car put away till spring. I am already getting anxious and was thinking of getting into iRacing. It seems pretty cool and cost is nominal. Does anyone out there know anything about it? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
ive seen some pretty crazy setups, I don't know too many details, but that the sky is sort of the limit with how accurate you want to be with it as far as a sim goes. The detail put into the cars and tracks when they get them on there is petty intense.

Would take a helluva computer to run at full tilt I think

·
Registered
203 Posts
Personally I play Simraceway, because I'm not able to do it often enough to justify the subscription fee of iRacing. They are pretty similar though I think. I built an $800 computer this past summer and can play it on high settings. My setup isn't anything fancy, just a driving force pro mounted on a card table and a 40" TV, but it works well.

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
I just finished getting a triple monitor rig setup on an old Mac Pro Tower with 2 Radeon HD 5770 cards linked via CrossFire. That let's me run my 3 22" displays (have 3 27"s - waiting for the mount) at full resolution (and the new 27's at 1080p).

2014-04-27 20.15.00 (Medium).jpg

2014-04-27 20.15.17 (Medium).jpg

That's some ALMS type prototype car at VIR, one of my favorites. I have to admit I've been extremely impressed with not only the playability but the visual quality. I find myself crashing just taking in all the scenery. Especially at tracks I know IRL like VIR and Road Atlanta. I'm using the new Thrustmaster TX500 wheel, which I primarily got to work with Forza 5 / Xbox One - which turned into a big disappointment. I got this wheel since it would also work on the PC and while I'm glad I have the cross platform setup I would saved some money and gone for just a better wheel/pedal setup (the pedals on this thing SUCK). I did just order a replacement wheels (F430 rep) and am waiting for the new pedals.

I haven't raced online with anyone yet - my username is just my email - ross at jasbone.com - would love to do some wheel to wheel (even if it is virtual)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts