The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just thinking of random situations. What do you say to a close friend or relative who is too big for the car and asking for a ride. I can just imagine someone tearing up the car trying to get in (or maybe not) lol. Also, what would you consider as "too big" for a lotus passenger, height/weight......

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Don't tell them they're too big for the car. Tell them the car is too small for them :)

·
Registered
815 Posts
My buddy said that his friend wanted a ride along in my car during a cruise....

I'm a nice guy; so no problem, right? :shrug:

Well it turned out that his friend was like 6'6" 300lbs! :eek:

I tried to talk my way out of it, but he told me that he has been in an Elise before and that he fits. I cave and let him in.... :(

I have to say that was the most uncomfortable drive in my life. He was so big, that we were shoulder-to-shoulder and I would rub his thigh during every shift. Remember...I've never met this guy and this drive was over an hour.

Never again! :no:

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I lock the passenger door with the key and say that it is broken.

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
My workout buddy is about my size (6'3" and 200-210) and we make the thing look like a clown car. I don't think I'd want to share the car with anyone bigger unless I really liked them.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
My son has a friend who is 6'5" and weights 160 lbs, his knees are in his face, one ride was enough for him
Interesting... I am 6'6", 260 lbs and drive my Elise everyday!

·
Registered
7,199 Posts
It's not the getting them in, it's the getting them out. Simply no where on the passenger side to pull from, and in my experience really oversized people might not admit their disability and accept assistance.
"It's just silly how small my car is, I barely fit at all!"

·
Registered
1,433 Posts

I tried to talk my way out of it, but he told me that he has been in an Elise before and that he fits. I cave and let him in.... :(

I have to say that was the most uncomfortable drive in my life. He was so big, that we were shoulder-to-shoulder and I would rub his thigh during every shift. Remember...I've never met this guy and this drive was over an hour.

Ohhhhhh... That's a sweet story! :D

·
Registered
1,964 Posts

Wow that sucks....

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
A 6'4" guy who used to work for me he weighed like 230 got in the car and we were shoulder to shoulder. It was not fun. I'm 5'9" and 170, but broad shouldered for my size.

The worst is if the roof is off and the hulk you let in your car decides the windshield is the way to pull themselves out of the car. Goodbye windshield!

In the future it would be I'm sorry, this is a tiny car and it was built for one person, this seat is a legal requirement so it's not considered a motorcycle. rotfl

·
Registered
547 Posts

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Getting a decal made for the passenger side:

You must be --------> <---------- this skinny to ride.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts