The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMHO, the Mnilite Company makes one of the best looking wheels. However, the model that they make for 16" and 17" rims, the EV2000, doesn't look like the original.

Well Panasport
http://www.panasport.com/street.html
still makes Minilite look alikes
and they make the FS16...ifever they make the FS17, I think that they would look like cool replacements for the Federal Elise wheels

What do you think?

Thanks in advance.

Danny Tuason

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
I'd love to see a set of black C5CR's on an Elise. Unfortunately, they are not exactly a light weight wheel. Now if you live somewhere with lots of pot holes, they'd be great as they are nearly indestructible.

·
Registered
5,356 Posts
Panasports = top quality, strong and light

No hesitation recommending Panasport wheels.

The company was incredible when I collaborated with them to develop the K/O wheels for the Elan.

Kiyoshi

Attachments

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks To Everybody and ...

Thanks to everybody and...

Kiyoshi, why don't you collaborate with them to produce a Minilite looking wheel for the Federal Elise? That would be awesome!

In 1994, I bought a black Acura Integra GS-R...I got the car lowered (not a lot -
just a decent one) plus got a set of 15" Panasports installed by Rod Millen Racing in Huntington Beach. Oh, my Integra became awesome looking...some cars deccelerated in the freeways just to watch my wheels spin...some people even asked me where to get them...

·
Registered
5,356 Posts
I don't have the specifics... but a 7x13 is about 14.5 lbs. The Elan K/O 5x13 is just a bit less than 13. These are street wheels (cast).

They also make wheels for racing. A FFord 5.5x13 is under 12lbs. The FFord wheel is great for a Lotus 7 on the street, but I couldn't recommend them for anything else.

Kiyoshi

·
Registered
430 Posts
I have 15" Panasports on my Miata and I love the look, but they are very heavy wheels at 15.8 lbs each.

John

Attachments

·
Registered
430 Posts
Ara said:
John, when you are you going to get some full-size wheels for your car?

;)

Ara
Hey, don't forget, you copied me. I can't help it if you ordered the wrong diameter. :)

You're just feeling smug 'cause you already have your Elise. :bow:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Can SomeBody Please...

superimpose a 17" 8-spoke Minilte looking Pansport wheels on a 2005 Lotus Elise?

Would it look good?

Thanks in advance.

Danny Tuason

·
Registered
430 Posts
Re: Can SomeBody Please...

dtuason said:
superimpose a 17" 8-spoke Minilte looking Pansport wheels on a 2005 Lotus Elise?

Would it look good?

Thanks in advance.

Danny Tuason
I think 16" is the biggest Panasport makes in the 8-spoke style.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Well, if we are showing pictures, here's the Panasports on my Elan (with the K/Os):

Attachments

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Close up of the wheel:

Attachments

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
Tims Elan is SPECTACULAR! ...and you gotta love thoose knock-off hubs, That Elise ain't half bad either

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
To DesignIt

I know that Panasport makes the 8 spoke Minilite looking wheel
up to 16" in diameter...however, maybe we can convince to make a 17" wheel version for the Elise...

even with a 16" wheel, somebody can (maybe) digitize it to look like a 17" and superimpose it onto an Elise picture...

then we can judge if it looks good...or not...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts