The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
blew the budget on a 993 Turbo so I may have to sell the Exige. Just turned 21k miles, 100% perfect, no accidents or paint work, never tracked.

Perfect Car Fax. 100% stock except for Kumho street tires. Oil line recall done, A/C blows Ice Cold, I also have the soft top conversion. Just serviced, needs nothing.

According to Lotus Certificate of Provenance 1 of 17 Lazer Blue cars produced in 2007. I think there were only about something made in this color 2007-2010.

Options Lifestyle paint, Touring pack, Star Shield, Traction control. 1 of 4 made Lazer Blue with these options.

If I reluctantly decide to sell, what do you think I can get for it?

Attachments

·
** The Enforcer **
7,594 Posts
There are two different markets. One for unmolested cars and one for molested cars. I'd think your car would get $40K+. The mileage isn't high but some Lotus owners don't drive them at all, so you take a bit of a hit there.

San

·
Registered
343 Posts
some Lotus owners don't drive them at all, so you take a bit of a hit there.

San

I am one of those owners. I am the third owner and only drove the car 800 miles since I bought it last year.

I installed a new battery and keep it on a tender. I have two small kids so I never have the opportunity to drive it. When I do, it's fantastic.

·
** The Enforcer **
7,594 Posts
Do you like driving the NSX more than the Exige? Just wondering why this is the car you'd sell off...
That's a tough call, especially since I haven't driven an NSX. Toyota Supra (or Ford GT) would be on that same list of cars that have actually held or bettered their value over time.

San

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I concur. $45k.

Do you like driving the NSX more than the Exige? Just wondering why this is the car you'd sell off...
I drive the NSX alot, about 3k miles a year. My wife likes it so we take it out often. My wife doesn't like the harsh ride of the Lotus, she's only been in it once.

It's impossible to find an NSX that's never been in an accident or never had paint work or not modded to death. I looked for 7 years to find a perfect one so it's a keeper.

·
He's on fire!
3,345 Posts
I am one of those owners. I am the third owner and only drove the car 800 miles since I bought it last year.
If you bought it last year you should know about what it will go for. As for asking how much it will go for on a lotus forum, I think there's a conflict of interest there no matter who answers. 3 previous owners no miles starts to be 'whys it had so many owners and so few miles' territory for me, but I'm sure you'll be able to find a buyer.

·
Registered
505 Posts
If you bought it last year you should know about what it will go for. As for asking how much it will go for on a lotus forum, I think there's a conflict of interest there no matter who answers.
perfectly answered :)

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Beautiful car. Sorry to hear you might need to pass it along. In a perfect world we would all have unlimited garage space.

But "never tracked." Seriously? You own one of the best track day cars ever produced and you have never tracked it?

I'm waiting for that Armor All Viking / Visigoth guy to show up and shout "You don't deserve this car!" before towing it away.

Seriously, though. Before you pass it along to someone else, you owe it to yourself to do at least one HPDE with it. Who knows. That experience may change your mind. And one track day on a car as lovely as that is not going to hurt the sale price one bit.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts