The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am only 16 in August and i plan on ordering mine next August when i am 17 (2005) and hopefulley will i get it by june 2007?
i also heard if sales don't keep up in the US the elise might not be available anymore, by 2007 will the elise's still be selling?

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Tipp,
The elise that's coming to the US has waivers until end of 2006. After that time, if they don't get extensions on these, the car will have to be redesigned in a number of ways to comply with US regs.

As there are around 3000 or more deposits, I think the problem is not enough cars at least for the next year or so. Don't know if they'll continue to be able to sell 2500 or so a year here. That's a big question. If anything like the UK and rest of world, sales didn't trail off until about the 4th year of production. Also depends on a lot of factors like reliability and build quality. all indications from the 111R owners are that the build quality is best yet. The cars are handbuilt tho, and you can expect a certain degree of quirkiness, just the fact of life.

BTW> I wanted an Esprit more than anything when they first came out in 77 when I was 17. I finally got my first one in 91!

Chris

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
tippmann said:
i am only 16 in August and i plan on ordering mine next August when i am 17 (2005)
:eek: Sorry but you lost me at "i am only 16..." :eek:

You must be one of those mature racing since I was 6, 16 year olds. If and when you do get your Elise, just be careful out there. I guess in some way it is cool that you have the opportunity to get a LOTUS at such a young age... I sure wish I did, but I am sure my family is thankful I didn't.

Neil

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
I for one doubt that it's a good idea to put someone who has little to no driving experience behind the wheel of a car like the Elise... but whatever floats your parent's boat I guess.

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
In high school, I envied my friends who were given cars by their parents. I was the one flipping burgers (literally) to earn money for my first car, a VW Scirocco. However, in hindsight, I feel eternally gratefull that my parents made me earn it myself. It's tough to explain; those in similar situations probably know what I'm talking about.

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
MattG said:
In high school, I envied my friends who were given cars by their parents. I was the one flipping burgers (literally) to earn money for my first car, a VW Scirocco. However, in hindsight, I feel eternally gratefull that my parents made me earn it myself. It's tough to explain; those in similar situations probably know what I'm talking about.
I have a few friends who have been handed everything all their lives...

Needless to say, they're not exactly motivated to accomplish anything in life.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts