The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Don't like it. Do you have a forward shot? From the side, it just doesnt look right. Or maybe its just because it looks strange with the side vents still there.

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
I don't like it as much as I thought I would. Might look better if painted flat black, so it weren't even visible - just a large, gaping mouth on the front.

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
I think I know what it is I don't like about that...it looks retro, like what I'd expect to see on a 50's or 60's sports car. That look doesn't mix well with the Elise's modern styling.

Then again, I'm not a huge fan of the plastic pieces the cars come with either.

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
Maybe we ought to investigate the color and pattern of the mesh found on the Exige. That car seems to look right.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
khamai said:
Thumbs down :(
Don't like it..

This mesh is a square type, which really doesn't work as it looks too insubstantial and 'strange'.

Mesh on most cars uses diamond-shaped openings. Look at the Exige picture for the effect.

To judge the full effect you also need to either remove the plastic grilles from the side openings or push mesh in there too. Now it really looks 'off'.

Bye, Arno.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Aethetically...:(

On my car.... would not care. optical tuning is not my gig.,

If it was the lightest product available....:evil: I'll take it.

m

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
I like it,but the jag screen is a nicer look in my opinion:up: :cool:

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Agree that it looks like a crud magnet. Also, I don't think the square mesh works on a car which doesn't have other squared-off elements.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
I don't think it's too bad- I kind of like it. I agree that the openings need to be smaller and similar to the Exige pattern. It does'nt have a finished look though.

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
Some Jaguar mesh grilles:

Cadillac CTSV:

Aftermarket:

In front of driving lights!:

More:

Maybe the position of the grill could be more flush with the bodywork in your example, or further inset or something to help tune the aesthetics in the case of the Elise.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
I think if the car's entire complement of trim pieces was converted to mesh, it might look good. But what I'm seeing in the picture, no, don't like.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Hmmm, the idea is good, but the end result doesn't look like a quality piece. I'm planning on getting rid of the eggcrate plastic when I get my car, but I would like to achieve more of the Exige look.

John

·
Registered
275 Posts
IMO it is the fact that you see the edge of the mesh and its connection points that hurts the look. In every other example shown above, a cleaner look is had by a "mesh only" view. I do appreciate the fact that someone is working on an alternative to the fins/eggcrate combination. That look works less and less the darker your car color (not enough contrast). It will be a change I make.

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
khamai said:
Opinions?

Thumbs up?:)
OR
Thumbs down :(
It looks like you hit a bird:huh:... are those feathers on the grill? As far as the look, I think it would look better if the side grills were done the same way, like the Exige.

Neil

1 - 20 of 34 Posts