The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in college and need to start thinking about an internship and which industry I need to enter. I am a Business Management Major with certification in International Business and also Entrepreneurship. Ideally I'd like to work for a start-up company with little salary but a percentage in equity and hopefully make my late nights and weekends pay off when they sell or go public (then do my own thing from there)! I am proficient in Spanish, I love cars, working out, home improvement (ha ha), pistols... I dunno... Phoenix, AZ doesn't have too many F500 companies... maybe Meritage Homes... who knows. Any advice? What did you all think you were going to do when you grew up? And what do you do now?

Sorry for the rant, mainly cathartic but I hope I get some good insight.
-JD

PS Attached is Lola, she's in the shop right now... some lady backed into her... I miss her.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I had no idea what i waned to do when i was a kid, or for most of high school for that matter. Went to school for mechanical engineering, i have one year left and i love it. I'm interning at a robotics company and couldn't be happier.

Don't worry about finding an internship at a huge company to start, i honestly think smaller companies are better, simply because you will get more experience rather than being the coffee runner. At least that's what i've seen in my area, could be different in your major.

p.s. damn you for having a lotus in college.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
I have NO idea what I want to be when I grow up..... still working on it. :shrug:

·
Registered
791 Posts
Well, I don't think I'm "grown up" nor do I plan to be, but what I did was go to law school and get the JD as a great overall liberal arts degree.

Still, what I plan on doing in the next chapter of my life is write screenplays. :D

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
a pediatric gynocologist ;)

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
I don't play the cynic very often. However, I would go into the job market with low expectations of finding work that you love. The lower your expectations, the more likely you will be to appreciate or enjoy the work you do find.

My advice would center around living within your means. Scrimp on the things that you don't need or care much about so that you have the means to do what you really enjoy.

Best of luck!

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Why not consider starting your own business? The rewards (not just financial) will be much better in the long run. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
an adult delinquent. OOPS, too late..:rolleyes:
sam

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
a lazy bastard with alot of fast cars... so I am getting started early rotfl

·
Banned
874 Posts
I want to create a massive online multiplayer game so I am becoming a lawyer so once I have enough cash I will begin the project.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...when i grow up, i want to be a kitty!.. >^.^<

·
Registered
765 Posts
When I grow up, I wanna be a FIRE ENGINE! :panic:

·
Registered
982 Posts
i wanted to be a firefighter...i didnt want to go to college and VOILA! Here i am lol! im still working on getting back to colorado... oh and for those who know i also wanted to be the guy with the mohawk!!!

·
Registered
475 Posts
I want to create a massive online multiplayer game so I am becoming a lawyer so once I have enough cash I will begin the project.
Then make sure you have a scholarship for law school or you will be paying your student loans for years while working in a sweat shop without the time to create your MMORP.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts