The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Such Moderate
6,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my old Elise, my oil line crimps looked like everyones on here in all the pictures. Had the recall done and all was well.

The crimps looked like this:

They don't look very beefy and they are pretty thin (the outside metal portion of the crimp).

Now on the new to me car, I was checking to see if the oil line recall had been done and saw that the oil line crimps are different. They are beefier, thicker, and shorter than the ones were on my old car. I figured hey, someone may have replaced these with some good aftermarket ones, but upon closer inspection they have a Lotus part number on them. I called Lotus and they said the recall has not been done. Maybe these were installed by Lotus before the actual repair kit for the recall came out? Has anyone seen oil line crimps that look like this?

·
Supporting Vendor
143 Posts
The second picture you put up the recall has not been done. On the recall the crossover line (from cooler to cooler) looks like the first pic you had. The lines from the cooler to back of the car should have Oiteker clamp on them not a crimp fitting.

T.J.

·
Such Moderate
6,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just thought on my old car that the fittings on the lines at the top of the oil cooler going back were different. So I thought maybe these had been replaced in the past.

Shall be scheduling an appointment asap.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts