The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just told my Elise is at Port. I was so excited I didn't even stop to think what that meant. Does it mean that:

a) The SHIP is at or near the port and is waiting waiting to be unloaded; or

b) The ELISE is at port, already been unloaded, and is being held at a storage yard waiting for the trucking company to pick it up?

Like I mentioned in the "Frustration" thread, if the Elise is still on the boat in the water, I figure it will take a few more weeks if there's a backlog in unloading ships. If it's on the docks, then it's just a matter of waiting for the trucking company to find the time to deliver it to the dealer. ;)

BTW, ports for Southern CA and Arizona are in San Diego, right?

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Allan, at port I would think means the ships there. West Coast I believe they hit shore at SD and then are trucked to the distribution center which is Long Beach where the car's inspected, starshield placed etc. ( I could have it vice versa as where port and distribution center is)
Chris

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Reversed, port is Long Beach, then trucked to San Diego where they are held, Starshield applied, and put on trucks to go to the dealers.

To me, at port means the ship is in port or more likely, the car is off the ship and either in a container or in San Diego.

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
Does anyone know the standard delay between the car being put on the ship and being delivered to the dealer? Is it about one month?

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MickOpalak said:
Does anyone know the standard delay between the car being put on the ship and being delivered to the dealer? Is it about one month?
Thanks Randy and Chris for your responses .

Mick, I think standard delivery takes about 4 to 6 weeks. The delays probably add another two weeks. But I think the delivery process should start speeding up in the future. This time of year, a lot of car manufacturers are shipping their first batches of 2005 cars over.

It would be nice if we had the name of the ship and an ability to log on to the shipping company's site to see the status. Unfortunately, it's not FedEx.

·
Registered
400 Posts
So, I know my car arrived stateside on Saturday. It will be shipped to Valenti in Connecticut. What port is used? Where is the Star Shield applied? How long before I get it????????:rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
East coast cars come into charleston, trucked still in the containers to Brunswick GA.

Reason they don't go direct to Brunswick apparently Brunswick isn't deep enough for container ships.
Chris

1 - 7 of 7 Posts