The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have noticed that in some pictures Bordeaux red Pearl looks different that in others.

Is this picture a true representation or is it blue shifted.

Or is Bordeaux Red Pearl closer to this picture?

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
[email protected] ( edit, the second pic in the above post *had* been linked directly and Mike has it set up so the pic disappeared and it gave a warning to the user, looks like he saved it to his own computer now as its showing up just fine) :)

Someone used one of his pictures on my site once and he tracked me down and emailed me telling to me to cease and desist immediately. :( I removed it from that person's thread.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I'm positive that the first pic is Bordeaux Red Pearl. As for the second, I'm pretty sure it's Ruby Red. The Bordeaux has that slightly bluish tint to it.

Cade

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
As I've said elsewhere, I was able to see the Bordeaux Red Pearl car in the parking garage at the LA Auto Show. It's the same car pictured in the top photo. That photo seems to me to be a good representation of the color. It appears to be a more subdued color than the yellow, red, blue and green cars displayed at the show. But I like it a lot!

Perhaps Chris (Zvezdah) will check in with his opinion or you could PM him - he drove it.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
I think they're both bordeaux.

Top in the shade, bottom in the sun.

My Topaz Blue BMW is very similar. On overcast days, and/or in the shade, it's a fairly dark, dull non-metallic-looking blue.

In the sun, it's bright and much more metallic.

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
I like the bordeaux the best, actually white pearl with bordeaux stripes and seats would be perfect. :) Maybe 2006 they will have a white pearl model. Pulease? :)

z

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
zOOmz said:
I like the bordeaux the best, actually white pearl with bordeaux stripes and seats would be perfect. :) Maybe 2006 they will have a white pearl model. Pulease? :)

z
I'd have to say that would look pretty nice. I would actually get black rims with that combo and double black interior.

Ages ago I purchased my first on-road RC Car. I purchased a body that was pre-painted (lazy;) ) a pearl white, and had metallic bordeaux stripes down the middle.

That was fun.

·
Registered
92 Posts
i'm trying to decide between the standard red and brp atm... i cant really decide. i love the standard red, and i saw it at the LA show, but it seems like it would draw cops like a magnet. but, i wasnt to impressed with lotus's metalic paint. i was getting magnetic blue untill i saw it at the auto show, it just didnt look good imo, so i'm worried about brp.

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
BRP is a beautiful color IMO, just a litttle too feminine for me. From what I'm seeing on this message board, Magnetic Blue may end up becoming the most popular Elise color; I expect Ardent Red and Saffron Yellow to fall closely behind. If you're interested in having a unique, beautiful Elise, you can't go wrong with BRP.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
I have to agree, the BRP looks great in person. Living in SoCal, almost every Maroon colored car I see has a USC license plate frame, so I generally feel sick to my stomach when I see that color, but somehow it looks great on the Elise. I got to spend a fair amount of time looking at them in the UK a couple of weeks ago, and Ice Blue and BRP were my two favorite colors on the S2.

And I agree with someone else's comment that it varies greatly in the light vs. the shade. Sunlight definitely brings out some brighter highlights in the paint.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Oh yeah... that reminds me. Probably not a good idea to park on the UT campus with a burgundy car. Good way to get keyed.

I think the Bordeaux is gorgeous, but I've yet to see it in person. I am hoping it will be all I expected. I don't think it looks feminine, just understated. I don't want to be constantly screaming, "Hey look at me!" with a yellow or red or even a bright blue car. I am sure the car will still turn heads, though.

But even if the color does look somewhat feminine, I'm sure the gunmetal racing stripes I plan to add will help avoid that a little. :)

Cade

·
Registered
607 Posts
I sure wish the standard interior could come with Biscuit color, then I'd be sure to get BRP. As it is, I think I will opt for the burgundy, LSS as long as it is Torsen, HT, LSS, lightweight option.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Remember that your computer monitor may be completely off base. Unless you can calibrate or compare with a known PMS or some other standard color chip that you hold up to the sceen, how can you tell?

Do not go by what you see on the screen!

BIG MISTEAKE!! LOL

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Well, if I have to choose between what I've seen in person, I only have two choices. Mono Black or Cobalt Blue. Neither are being offered. So I chose best I could. Hope I'm right!

Cade

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just about all of the colors look great so I'm not really worried:)

Unless it turns out that BRP actually looks like Harrods green:confused:

But my monitor can't be that far off:D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts