The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
didnt show up on dictionary.com....someone said to me after seeing a pic of my garage and I saw it used again on another thread here on ET...does it mean "looks good" in Hawaiin???...have no idea...am I gettin old or just stupid???...:)

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ooohhh....should have figured...:)....guess Im getting old...I knew this was happening cause one day while watching Saturday Night Live, I didnt know the host or musical guest...:)...I only watch sportscenter and HBO shows.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
In Phillipino, I belive it means love or very dear.

I don't speak the lanuage but here's what the Tagalog-English dictionary had to say - in English.

mahal
mah´al adj. dear, loved, costly, noble, well-esteemed, expensive · magmaghal, mahal´in (mag-:-in) v. to hold dear, to love. Mahalin mo ang iyong mga

http://www.tagalog-dictionary.com/cgi-bin/search.pl?s=mahal magulang. Love your parents.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
In persian it also means 'local' 'neighborhood.' There is a lot of intermixing between indian and Farsi (persian) and many words have similar connotations.

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
I think I saw a book recently called "Garage Mahals". I'd go look it up but I need to keep away from the garage design books for a while.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
toyopet said:
i'm filipino and mahal means expensive or love. it depends how it is use in a sentence.
Well, either he thought your cars was expensive, or he's in love with you. Could be both! :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts