The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to tracking a car this has saw 4 track days. 3 were 3 sessions and 1 was 4 sessions. Trying to learn more and wanted to get insight on my tire wear. I have not had an alignment done on the car so I do not know the current details on that but I bought the car from someone who tracked regularly so stuck to how the car was set up. I target 31 front 33 rear but have been hitting 1 to 2 psi higher sometimes. Start from 26 front 28 rear cold. I plan on getting a track alignment soon. Thanks in advance!

I was assuming I need more negative camber as the outsides wear further out than the insides

Rear outside

Rear inside

Front outside

Front inside

·
Administrator
4,989 Posts
What model car? More negative camber is almost always a good thing. That deep crack might be something to be concerned about. How many heat cycles have they been thru?

·
Premium Member
2,252 Posts
New to tracking a car this has saw 4 track days. 3 were 3 sessions and 1 was 4 sessions. Trying to learn more and wanted to get insight on my tire wear. I have not had an alignment done on the car so I do not know the current details on that but I bought the car from someone who tracked regularly so stuck to how the car was set up. I target 31 front 33 rear but have been hitting 1 to 2 psi higher sometimes. Start from 26 front 28 rear cold. I plan on getting a track alignment soon. Thanks in advance!

I was assuming I need more negative camber as the outsides wear further out than the insides

Rear outside

Rear inside

Front outside

Front inside
How old are the tires?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What model car? More negative camber is almost always a good thing. That deep crack might be something to be concerned about. How many heat cycles have they been thru?
It's a 2017 Lotus Evora 400 with Michelin Cup 2 Connect 240 Tires. Though it looks like a crack it is just the rubber melted over and casting a small shadow.

·
Registered
573 Posts
The tire wear says to me that you need to get an alignment done on the car - once you know where you're starting from you can decide what numbers you should throw on the car.........and then................oh no!!.....you'll have to go track the car to see how everything works. Then if you're really a glutton for punishment, make some alignment changes and go back to the track to begin the extremely awkward process of finding out what subtle changes do.
Lather rinse repeat

Maybe think to have the tires remounted with the insides now on the outsides like we'll do with slicks on a Formula Ford

·
Registered
2008 Exige S240
3,091 Posts
The camber looks positive. The inner side of the tire should wear slightly more
than the outside is camber is properly set between -1 to -3

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the feedback I will definitely be doing a proper track alignment and relearning the car I had a feeling something was off but I've been having a blast regardless

1 - 9 of 9 Posts