The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Carbon Fiber
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a while since I heard about it. Anyhone still using it, wasn't the prelude equipped with that?

Whys it gone?

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Ya the Honda Prelude and the Z32 300ZX. According to this Wikipedia article Nissan still uses HICAS on the Infinity lineup.

The Prelude one is the most noticeable one I have seen though. If your behind one on the highway and it makes a lane change the car looks a little weird because it more "shifts" over then it does "arc" over.

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
It's been a while since I heard about it. Anyhone still using it, wasn't the prelude equipped with that?

Whys it gone?
It sucked. It's gone. Be happy.

On the second-gen RX7 cars, replacing all the bushings with hard ones made it go away. Thank heaven.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Gmc had a full sized truck just a few years ago that used it too, I think until 2006 or so.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
R34 Skyline GTR had it. Current gen Lexus GS has it too

·
Registered
675 Posts
Galant vr4 and 3000gt vr4 had it. But it was most pronounced on the prelude 4ws

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
GMC had a great ad to demonstrate their truck. The truck was driven in a tight figure eight. The shot was from overhead, and the truck 'draws' the figure eight in the dirt. After a couple laps, the driver puts it in reverse and traces the same figure eight backwards. No big deal, except the kicker is that he's doing it while towing a trailer, and at a pretty good clip. Try that without rear steering.

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
Porsche is rumored to be using it on the next 911 Turbo. More added weight and complication for no real benefit in a sports car. Excellent for towing on trucks though.

·
Carbon Fiber
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yea I mean it's still on monster trucks' just wondering what it has to offer to racing world

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Many cars have it passively, in the form of bump steer. I think most modern monster trucks have it also, if that helps.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I drove my friend's prelude with it, hated it. Felt like the rear end was breaking lose when hard around corners, and made me want to countersteer, which was un-necessary.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts