The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just recently purchased my 2011 Lotus Elise SC and the dealer who I bought it from calls me yesterday and tells me he has a used exhaust piece in an opened box with lotus markings on it. I thought the car was as loud as it is stock but from what I can tell from searching around the car is quite quiet stock.

The dealer wants me to buy the exhaust from him. I don't really want the exhaust, especially if its the stock one. Is there a way of telling which exhaust I have from looking at it? From what I've read, Lotus offers Stage II and Stage III? Here are some photos I took:

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
Hard to tell the piping size from those pics, but that appears to be a Lotus Stage III, which has also been referred to as the Stage II for S/C cars.

·
Such Administrating
6,886 Posts
Why in the crap would he want you to "buy" it? I'd tell him he can give it to you if he wants, but ask him why you would want to buy it. It should have been free with the car.

·
Premium Member
6,857 Posts
You may want it after a while as that Stage 2 will eventually give you a headache. Ask me how I know? Stock can is worth like $50. $100 if its like new. They are a dime a dozen in the parts for sale listings

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why in the crap would he want you to "buy" it? I'd tell him he can give it to you if he wants, but ask him why you would want to buy it. It should have been free with the car.
That was exactly my first reaction. Why didn't it come with the car? He said "You got an exhaust with the vehicle, this is extra". I'd be willing to pay shipping if he would send it. He threw a number out there when I was speaking with him yesterday, he thinks its worth like $1,000. Hes just angry that he underpriced this car and sold it for $10k+ under market value. I bought the car for $40k, 2011 Elise SC (w/ hardtop) w/ 5.7k miles. He tried to scam me for $1,000 when I went to buy the car as well, he told me to write the check for a thousand more than it should have been. A scum bag, but at least hes a dumb scum bag that I benefitted from.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts