The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The exhaust on my car definitely does not sound stock... its very loud. Without removing the rear clam or under panels can anyone tell me what exhaust this is by just seeing the tips?

(yes I know my diffuser is dirty... im working on it :))

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Looks like the Stage II I used to have - I didn't notice any power increase/decrease when I went back to the stock exhaust, but I did notice my fuel economy dropped by about 2MPG.

Incidentally, a local LT member swapped with me, maybe you could do the same?

Ah, and if you want to clean the diffuser easily, use Acetone. It did a GREAT job on mine with minimal effort.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks like the Stage II I used to have - I didn't notice any power increase/decrease when I went back to the stock exhaust, but I did notice my fuel economy dropped by about 2MPG.

Incidentally, a local LT member swapped with me, maybe you could do the same?

Ah, and if you want to clean the diffuser easily, use Acetone. It did a GREAT job on mine with minimal effort.

I LOVE the way the exhaust sounds and would not want to change it... especially if I get better gas mileage!

Thanks for the tip w/ the acetone... I may have to try it out as I am obsessive compulsive when it comes to keeping my cars clean :panic:

·
Registered
965 Posts
Yeah, really. Sorry I was totally unclear on that one :rolleyes:

Just thought a little bit of humour might ease your stress worrying about what kind of hollow metal pole you have in the back of your Elise.

P.S, That's not supposed to be an innuendo...

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Yeah, I loved the sound of the Stage II. I just couldn't handle it for 2-3 hours/day...

Gosh I'm glad you're enjoying your Lotus experience. :D

·
Older but getting faster
528 Posts
How can you tell if it's stage I or II just by the tips? :shrug:
Stage I (box stock) tips are a smaller diameter, chrome plated, curve down through the diffuser, and point straight back.

Stage II looks like the picture (and mine!) :D

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well... it looks like the general consensus is that i have a stage II, so thats what I'll assume until i get the diffuser or rear clam off to take a closer look.

plus, the previous owner said that he thought it was a stage II also

·
Registered
965 Posts
helpful, no...not at all, just another annoying post about something you have no clue about... way to go :clap:
Wow, the funny thing is, as soon as I saw "Last Post: Cory1000", I knew it'd either be something stupid or something attacking me for no reason. So good job yourself :clap: :clap: Your post wasn't helpful at all, so don't be hypocritical :D

Just lighten up, it's a JOKE. Everyone here says "LT is good for humour" but you're kind of just disproving that.

As for the ACTUAL question, if it's as loud as you say it is, it's probably Stage II. Unless there's miraculously a Stage III out.

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
Hmmm...I have the stock OEM exhaust and your exhaust definitely does not look like mine. I agree, Stage II it is. Freebees are nice.

BTW...just a suggestion, wd-40 takes a lot of crap off the rear diffuser and engine service panel, also keep the surface slick so road crud does not tend to stick. Still takes a bit of elbow grease the first time cleaning but afterwards its real easy to maintain.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts