The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
looks like liquid blue to me :p
or arctic silver with alot of blue stuff behind the photog ;)

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
WARNING to potential buyers! This car has 05 rear grill with reflectors instead of the 06, not sure why, should check this car throughly.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
+ no rear lettering = possible rear damage and replacements .... carfax at least and nail the dealer down on any history ... get full inspection. Better yet, avoid.

When I look at that door sill it screams 'beware.'

Also notice that there is lots of detail on the car, but in no place does the ad state 'no accidents or paint damage'. It is possible there was not, or they don't know about it. The pic under the boot - does that look like welding, or normal??

·
Registered
91 Posts
+ no rear lettering = possible rear damage and replacements .... carfax at least and nail the dealer down on any history ... get full inspection. Better yet, avoid.

When I look at that door sill it screams 'beware.'

Also notice that there is lots of detail on the car, but in no place does the ad state 'no accidents or paint damage'. It is possible there was not, or they don't know about it. The pic under the boot - does that look like welding, or normal??
They posted their Autocheck report which is the same exact thing as Carfax and what most dealers use to check vehicle histories. The car checks out according to Autocheck. That said, there are still ways around Autocheck/Carfax so it doesn't rule out any funny business. There are too many signs screaming stay away. Definitely a buyer beware scenario.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Looks like something happened to the rear end to cause it to be replaced. Looking at the trunk, is that fire damage? Can't really tell from the pics, but that is a 2005 rear end, not 2006. Checking carfax for VIN SCCPC11146HL30879 reveals that it's an 06 car though (with 22 records, who knows).

·
Registered
91 Posts
Looks like something happened to the rear end to cause it to be replaced. Looking at the trunk, is that fire damage? Can't really tell from the pics, but that is a 2005 rear end, not 2006. Checking carfax for VIN SCCPC11146HL30879 reveals that it's an 06 car though (with 22 records, who knows).
Yeah, it's definitely an 06 according to the VIN. 8th to last digit denotes the year. Could be fire damage or maybe batter acid? :shrug:

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Also, what rear tire is that? It's got a Kumho on the front, the rear is listed as "generic".

Too many things about this car don't add up. =/

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Looking at the evidence, I'd say the exhaust set fire to the rear and parts were replaced due to that.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Should Ring the Dealer and found out about it, check it out in person. Definatly doesnt look right :/ and thats coming from someone who doesnt know the difference between 05, 06 lol

1 - 20 of 24 Posts