The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone bought floor mats that fit in their Esprit? I mean like aftermarket ones from Advance Auto parts, Napa or somewhere. I keep putting it off, and keep saying im gonna order a custom set but never do, I think the $100+ price tag stops me. I have one factory floor mat that's tan (my interior is now black) and it looks like they are real narrow towards the front and any cheap floor mats I see are shaped more rectangular (as wide at the front almost as the rear). I recarpeted my car in the past and everytime I get in it I see dirt on my floor and it bugs me but I never do anything about it.

I have all this really nice leftover highly polished sorta flexible diamond plate aluminum I used to side the service body of one of my company's trucks, I almost cut two pieces in the the shape of this one floor mat I had, as the cars floor is almost completely flat, but then thought NAAHHH!

·
Registered
1,976 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
6,105 Posts
You guys aren't "listening", Mark wants WallyWorld prices.:p

I'd buy the expensive ones there ($25/pr, last time I looked) :D and cut them to shape. If you buy the carpeted variety, take them to any carpet store and get a new edge welt sewn on for that Custom, finished look. (Last time I bought carpets for the house, the store edged several carpet pieces for me for free.) :clap:

·
Registered
327 Posts
I'd sell you mine. I'm ordering a pair from the group buy thread in the Palamino color. Mine came with the car, and the black just looks out of place to me. I'll get pics after work if you are interested.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I've used Lloyd's mats - ordered off the web for an Esprit. They are plain (no logo's etc.) but they fit nicely and the tan color matches the interior carpet just about perfectly. They were about $70 for a pair.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts