The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
it is an original clam, they just had the bumper line and the turn signal deleted. Filled in with fiberglass. I did the same to my car.

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
that an exige clam, filled in.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
looks like part of the grill is missing too from top.
No, it's just the strong lighting. Zoom in and you can see the grill is really there.

Also note the side repeaters are have been deleted.

that an exige clam, filled in.
Exige clam does not have that seam between the headlight unit and the lip of the wheel arch, so I'd say it started life as an Elise part.

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
Also note the side repeaters are have been deleted.

Exige clam does not have that seam between the headlight unit and the lip of the wheel arch, so I'd say it started life as an Elise part.
nope... exige clam is wider at the front wheels, and the access panel has the "inner" bolt heads - elise is (its slightly) narrower, and and uses slip pins and only 1 bolt to attach the access panels.

its the turn signals that have been filled in.... not the "seem" as the exige clam already has no front seam line to fill in.

its most likely exige clam, filled in. there are a number of weird (custom) things going on there though.... bit it does have exige access panels, and wheel arches. the biggest give away is that the rear 1/2 is exige too :)

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
I know there's no seam on an Exige clam, I have an Exige. I'm pointing out that the clam in the picture does have a seam, between the headlight and wheel arch, that wouldn't be there if it was an Exige piece. Which led me to think it's from an Elise.

Nevertheless, I see what you're saying about the access panels. This seems to show that someone took an Exige clam and added a seam between the headlight and wheel arch. That makes no sense; what would be the reason? Maybe what looks like a seam is a reflection...

As to the turn signals, I know they were filled in as noted in the first post. I was just pointing out that the side repeaters (normally at the edge of the wheel arch) have been deleted in addition. That part looks pretty good.

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
This seems to show that someone took an Exige clam and added a seam between the headlight and wheel arch. That makes no sense; what would be the reason? Maybe what looks like a seam is a reflection...
yea - there is something going on there - it looks built up. well, clearly the entire front bit is all custom work - i also have no idea what that built up bit is there - my take was that was added (to an exige clam)- it looks "higher" than the rest of the wheel arch.

well - perhaps the owner will chime in with more details. maybe the front is wider than stock? dunno....

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
LOL Perry... no one listens to YOU.

It's a TWRD GT Front bumper which is actually a clone of the TMR front bumper. It is an ADD ON to the EXIGE clam that aztec's car has in addition to the turn signal delete.

Podium Custom Parts

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Just saw this, been Mia for a while
It's a twrd gt front clam cover on a euro exige clam
I had them molded together and retained the Allen bolts that are use to bolt the gt cover in place.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 17 of 17 Posts