The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Wow Such Admin
6,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, been thinking about picking up a new racing game for the Xbox one and I got to thinking, what all games have had a Lotus that you can use/drive? Lets start a list!

Console: Playstation 3
Game: Gran Turismo 5
Cars:Elise '96
Elise RM '96
Elise 111R '04
Elise 111R RM '04
Esprit V8 '02
Evora '09
Carlton '90
Elan S1 '62
Elise '00
Elise 111R '04
Elise 111S '03
Elise Sport 190 '98
Elise Type 72 '01
Esprit Sport 350 '00
Esprit Turbo HC '87
Esprit V8 '02
Esprit V8 GT '98
Esprit V8 SE '98
Europa Special '71
Motor Sport Elise '99

Did anyone play GT5? Does anyone remember the challenge you had to beat on the top gear test track in the Elise? They made the Elise handle horribly and seem like the car was on ice. Every time you turned the back end would slide out.

Here is the Elise in GT5:

I wish they had GT5 on xbox, I'd go buy it right now so I could drive around in my Elise!

·
Registered
945 Posts
Game: Assetto Corsa
Platform: PC
Cars:
S2 Elise SC
S2 Exige 240R
S2 Exige Scura
Evora S
Evora SR
Evora GTE
Exige S V6 Roadster
S3 Exige S
2-11
2-11 GT4

Assetto Corsa is definitely not done yet and every release has its own set of quirks, but it's a pretty solid driving sim overall.

The stock S2 Elise setup is pretty under-steery (like the real one!) but (also like the real one) it can be tweaked out with alignment settings.

Certainly not as on-ice/drifty as it is in other games.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Game: Enthusia
Platform: PS2

Cars:
Europa Special
Elise 111S
Lotus Esprit S2
Lotus Elan S.3

I must be the only one who enjoyed this game. I liked it better than GT4. Too bad they never put out an updated version.

·
Registered
945 Posts
I must be the only one who enjoyed this game. I liked it better than GT4. Too bad they never put out an updated version.
It was a way better game - the physics felt a lot more realistic and the car selection was really fun.

Sadly the backgrounds were kind of ugly and the GT4 cult is hard to beat...

·
Registered
4,901 Posts
Game: Assetto Corsa
Platform: PC
Cars:
S2 Elise SC
S2 Exige 240R
S2 Exige Scura
Evora S
Evora SR
Evora GTE
Exige S V6 Roadster
S3 Exige S
2-11
2-11 GT4

Assetto Corsa is definitely not done yet and every release has its own set of quirks, but it's a pretty solid driving sim overall.

The stock S2 Elise setup is pretty under-steery (like the real one!) but (also like the real one) it can be tweaked out with alignment settings.

Certainly not as on-ice/drifty as it is in other games.
Assetto Corsa also has:
Lotus T125
98T

The Lotus 98T on the Nurburgring mod track in Assetto Corsa with boost turned up to >60% is insane, and fun!

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Funny this thread came up. I'm not a real video game kind of guy but I picked up GT5 a few days ago. Is it me or is this game super unrealistic? There are corners that I know that I can make going 50mph but the car just totally tramlines off the course. Wtf?

·
Vroom vroom
507 Posts
While I was whipping myself into a foaming-at-the-mouth-frenzy for getting my Elise, I played a lot of Forza on the XBox. They have most of the production Lotus models, I think only the eclat and excel were absent. It's very convenient in a videogame to just see how well the Elise corners compared to everything else. Of course nothing compares to how it feels!

·
Registered
956 Posts
GT Legends let you drive a LOT of different Lotus cars. Cortinas, Elans, Esprits. Some formula cars too I believe.

BTW GT6 has better physics for all cars and has more Lotus models to choose from.

·
Registered
6,657 Posts
Well, if you want to stay in the 3D world, Scalextric has a slot car set, called Grid Force, with two 1/32 scale Evoras. Ninco has a slot car set, also 1/32 scale with two Exige GT3s. The cars will run on either track, and you can get aftermarket V6 Exige, Caterham 7, Lotus 7, Lotus 49, Type 72, Type 38, Cortina, Europa, current era Lotus F1 slot cars all currently being manufactured.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Test Drive Unlimited for PC has Exige and Caterham.

That's is where I spent my time dreaming about driving an Exige until I finally bought one :D

·
Registered
112 Posts
Did anyone play GT5? Does anyone remember the challenge you had to beat on the top gear test track in the Elise? They made the Elise handle horribly and seem like the car was on ice. Every time you turned the back end would slide out.
I noticed this too.

On GT6 the Elise is even worse- I have all the suspension settings maxed to keep the back end planted, but it skates around everywhere, especially under braking... :sad:

·
Registered
907 Posts
Forza Horizon:

Exige Cup 240
2-Eleven
Evora S
Exige S

It's a road course game. You can do street races or just drive around the mountainous roads of what looks like Colorado.

The game was primarily developed by Playground Games, a British company.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I do believe the challenge had you on comfort hard tires. So I think it handled realistically. Put some old worn out tires on these things and it'll get squirrelly on you in a hot second.

·
Registered
26 Posts
If you have Xbox One, I assume you already have Forza 5?

1956 Lotus Eleven, such Climax
1967 Lotus Type 49, so win
1971 Lotus Elan Sprint, much lightness
1999 Lotus Elise Series 1 Sport 190, very Lotus Sprt
2002 Lotus Esprit V8, much evolve
2009 Lotus 2-Eleven, do want
2012 Lotus Exige S, so S
2013 Lotus E21, wow

·
Registered
203 Posts
I'm going old school here: Lotus II RECS for the Sega Genesis was the first racing game I ever owned. You could drive an Esprit Turbo SE, Elan SE, or the M200 concept car!

Slightly less old school, let us not forget the Elise S2 was in Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit 2!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXNhvNJmzbc

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Asphalt 8 for Android has an Evora S and Exige V6.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
GT6 said:
LOTUS 97T '85

Lotus Europa S.2 '68

Lotus Europa Special '72

Lotus Carlton '90

Lotus Elan S1 '62

Lotus Elise '00

Lotus Elise 111S '03

Lotus Elise 111R '04

Lotus Elise 111R Race Car '04

Lotus Elise '11

Lotus Elise '96

Lotus Elise Race Car '96

Lotus Elise Sport 190 '98

Lotus Elise Type 72 '01

Lotus Esprit Sport 350 '00

Lotus Esprit Turbo HC '87

Lotus Esprit V8 '02

Lotus Esprit V8 GT '98

Lotus Esprit V8 SE '98

Lotus Evora '09

Lotus Motor Sport Elise '99
I find the fact that they don't have any of the Exiges or 211s infuriating. :mad:

·
Registered
178 Posts
007 Agent Under Fire for the PS2. Once you get the gold reward for "The Streets of Bucharest" your Aston DB5 is upgraded to a '77 esprit. You never get to use it as a submarine thought. The same car is in 007 Racing for the PS1, and I here you get to use the sub feature this time.

·
Registered
990 Posts
yeah hot pursuit 2 is nice, not sure it hit and m$boxes though but it was on the Gamecube.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts