The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else get a letter in the mail announcing Dimmitt's new GM? What happened to Jeff Sterns?:(

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I sent him an email. I'm keeping it off the record. That's my boy. I'm not happy at all. With what I've been through with losing my job, getting the wrong car in, and now Jeff is gone. I've been over this for a long time, but this may be it. :( I may SC the S2K and be happy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
WHAT HAPPENED AT DIMMITT?

Hey guys ,
I resigned Dimmitt Lotus on Sept 10 . Let's call it "creative differences" . I had 8 terrific years there. It was fun to come into a RR and Bentley (Lotus coming in a year later) that was selling 15 cars per year and help it become a approx 300 car per year store (BEFORE GTs and Elises started to show up - it may have hit 500 per year with those!) . My team was the best! CJ was my right hand for about 6 years (who sadly also resigned begin Aug - doing terrific as a mainly wholesale broker) Randy came along shortly after - he's the senior man now and doing just fine . Clay and Angel showed up to help me get the new showroom open . As clumsy as we were responding to your "where's my car?" barrage , they were instrumental to this thing working . They remain today to assist you . The new boss , Elliot is a 38 year car veteran who came to us from the local Jag store he was there approx 11 years and I've known him the whole time . He has quite a resume' . To quote Elliot , he gave me a great send off saying "Jeff Sterns was the master , think of me as the professor." Ask for the professor when you come in! He'll laugh.

END OF PAGE 1!

·
Registered
6 Posts
WHAT HAPPENED AT DIMMITT?

This was only (not bad for a car salesman!) my second job in about 20 years so , believe me it's hard for me to change! I AM the original stick in the mud! I'll probably figure this all out!

On Sept 13th the dealership and I agreed that as a consultant/contractor , (one of my new businesses) I would stay for 60 days . On Oct 4 , my replacement reported for work . A few issues (that shall remain confidential for the good of humanity!) developed , that had me needing to leave for good , that night .

All is amicable between myself and Dimmitt's senior management , as well as with Elliot. I have NO ax to grind. I have the ability/privelige to sell any of their cars as a contractor .They have also graciously agreed to compensate me for any ordered cars that arrive / get delivered to "my" clients . Make sure that you state your desire to (tell your "new" salesman as well as the new boss , Elliot Kahana) be reassured that I'll be compensated before you take delivery if that is how you feel. If not , you should state your desire for me to pound sand to all you meet!! (I'm sure it will show up on this forum!!)

At this moment I'm happy to serve as a broker for any make new or used that you desire . If I can't get it , I know someone in every brand there is . It would be my honor and pleasure to refer you to a strait shooter and advise if you wish . No charge ; you'll remember this when some day when you want to use me or refer to me, RIGHT??

I'll keep all you great people up to date and take a look at www.jeffsterns.com - coming soon , I thing I'll be selling my gramma's crocheted car seat cusions (any color / any "height" adjustment!) on it! Talk soon and stay in touch ! Best of luck to all of us !!

Jeff Sterns
cel: 727-638-6014

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Glad you are in your normal good mood Jeff. Too bad you are gone from Dimmitt, but you had to do what you had to do. I'll look for you when I am in the car market.

I'm sure you made a ton of high up connections while you were at Dimmitt, so I'm sure you will be fine. You know tons of people. How will that place get along without you? Who will Angel be able to boss around now? :p

·
Registered
282 Posts
I have been wondering what happened. The only way I seem to get anyone to talk to me is to drive all the way to Clearwater so I tried calling you after hearing that you were good with getting back to customers only to hear, "He is no longer with us." Very sorry to hear that.

-Eric

1 - 9 of 9 Posts