The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what happened to extremeesprit.com? I want to purchase a upgrade ecu...

·
Registered
15 Posts
it's a shame cause the new esprit owners don't get the same benefit as when the site was up. It would be nice to still have the site around even just for reference, there's not much out there on the web for esprit's :(

·
Registered
623 Posts
If your car is one of the 33 "final run" Esprits, you don't want to change that ecu. The final run cars all have the most powerful ecu in them that Lotus produced. It is the "high torque" or "sport 350" mapping and that is more powerful than the race ecu. The race ecu will give more (too much) fuel and johan's map is very good but I don't believe that it is superior to yours, only as good.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lotuson74: Thanks for the info, I think I may need to get the slack on the gas pedal fixed to get the most out my car. Feels like im not getting the maximum potential out of the car...

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a set of Johan's chips and holders that I will be selling. They have never been installed.

I have decided given my desired future mods I want a more tunable ECU management. Probably going with ViPEC, Link, or Utec. Something that piggy-backs and allows much more tuning.

Looking to get what I paid for them, drop me a PM if interested.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts