The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to Black Watch racing to order the Von Hep but it isn't there :( . Anyone know the story?

My second choice is the Larini 6" Single tip. Any dissenting opinions? I have that, the silenced de-cat pipe and the Sector 111 Eliminator v3 rear panel eliminator in my basket right now.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I've got a the center single tip Von Hep that I'm going to be selling in the next few days. PM me if you're interested.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've got a the center single tip Von Hep that I'm going to be selling in the next few days. PM me if you're interested.
thanks but I'm dead set on an above-the-diffuser exhaust. i plan on getting a 5 element diffuser at some point.

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
if it was me, i would get a 2bular - the BEST sound, deep and grunty!! GGrrrr.. but not obnoxious.

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
+1

get a 2bular. I've had all 2bular stuff and just got a 6" GT3 to replace my 3" ultra. It looks f*ckin badass and sounds just as much. Go to 2Bular - Performance Exhausts
check out Jim's stuff. :up:

·
Disingenuous Minion
637 Posts
I just installed an Arqray SS single tip with Von Hep bracket this weekend. Think it sounds great and looks pretty cool too.

Von Hep bracket from BWR costs $85 and is black powder coated...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
I got my Elise with a 2Bular exhaust, cat, and panel delete, sounds great. Sent Jim an e-mail when a hanger cracked, to ask a few questions, he gave me some useful information, and was in general very helpful.

Nothing but good to say about 2Bular on my end.

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
You can't go wrong with the Von Hep. It sounds great and is incredibly light!

·
Registered
645 Posts
Yeah I really do like my von hep. Im never happy with anything but the von hep was my first mod and i have not changed it....yet.:D Best part for me since i live in cali is that its not polished so the police think its stockrotfl

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Well, I already ordered the Larini 8" can muffler with the Larini silenced de-cat pipe as well as that eliminator 3. Didn't notice the AreaP info until today. Oh well. I think all of these are good products.

I'll post some pics when I receive and install.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I installed the exhaust (Larini 8", single tip, above diffuser w/ Larini baffled decat) last weekend.

I should first give another huge thanks to Eric (chotto) for helping my wimpy butt. First, I couldn't get one of the header bolts off (where the exhaust meets the headers). Then I couldn't get them back on. He drove all the way across town twice to help me. There's no way I could have done it without him. Definitely owe him dinner and/or beer.

Anyway, after a week of driving with this setup, all I can say is, "WOW!" Even Eric said, "That's the way it should have sounded from the factory," when I fired it up the first time. The tone is much much deeper and richer. It is louder, but not much -- maybe a decibel or two (guessing). The entire RPM band sounds cleaner and meaner.

I'll post some pics as soon as I can get a stupid USB cable to fit my camera.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I love my area P muffler. But, I wish I had that kewl Von Hep shield symbol on it. Anyone know who made those ?? Is it a sticker or plate or what?

·
Registered
679 Posts
The Von Hepp muffler are made by AreaP. Contact them directly, they can build any thing you want.
Talk to Kenny over there. He built me a really nice setup but I was unable to use it due to Laguna Seca's sound limit.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I love my area P muffler. But, I wish I had that kewl Von Hep shield symbol on it. Anyone know who made those ?? Is it a sticker or plate or what?
Its a plate.

I know what you mean I love mine and the plate look sweet.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
I'll post some pics as soon as I can get a stupid USB cable to fit my camera.
Maybe Eric can give you a hand with that?

:D

(Thanks for the feedback on your Larini 8"; good news for me as I have one waiting for installation over the winter.)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts