The Lotus Cars Community banner

what has been your experience with the toe-link after tracking you elise/exige > 10x?

• i have not tracked my elise/exige more than 10 times

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • i never checked the toe-link parts and never had a toe-link failure

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • i found the relevant fasteners always tight

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • i found one of the relevant fasteners loose

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • my elise/exige had a toe link failure without resulting in a collision (please describe in a post)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • my elise/exige had a toe link failure resulting in a collision

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other (please specify in a post)

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
what has been your experience with the toe link after tracking your elise/exige more than 10 times?

please don't participate in the poll unless you have tracked your elise/exige more than 10 times.

note that the option "my elise/exige had a toe link failure resulting in a collision" was also meant to have "(please describe in a post)", but i don't know how to edit the poll.

if more than one option applies, select the one nearest the bottom (but not "other").

lastly, note that there is a companion poll to this one:
"what do you suggest for preventing the toe-link failure for tracked cars?"

thank you on behalf of all those concerned about this.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I saw another driver have a major failure of a toe link on the track and it prompted me purchase the second-generation kit and install it myself (Lotus part number - LOTAC05377, $835 for the part). This was before the sector 111 kits were available. I put about 1000 road miles and 300 track miles on the kit and the drivers side rear wheel had enough play in it that the hemi joint from the kit needed to be replaced! My Dealer was kind enough to replace and install the part under warranty. I have no reason to expect it to last any longer this time.

In my opinion the Lotus kit is totally insufficient don't waste your money on it. 300 track miles on A048's on a part designed for the track and it fails, that's really weak. Lotus needs to come up with a real solution to this and make it available either for free or at cost.

Your mileage may vary, but I've heard similar stories from more than a few other drivers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts