The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
I don't know this for certain but I understand that there is an S2 exige under development (probably based on the S2.5/S3 fed car).

That being the case, start planning guys!

Craigy

·
Registered
637 Posts
Re: Exige

grudkin said:
I would most definitely wait if an exige is announced to be coming in short order. BUT, I would doubt that Lotus would premier the Elise and simultaneously tell us that a hotter car is coming soon.

Would bet on a year or two lag at least, and in that case I'll take the Elise now and 'upgrade' to Exige later
It's wont take them that long. What is there to change?

cosmetic/aero bodywork, a roof, tuned engine and suspension/brake upgrades.

A lot of that work is off-the-shelf.

Craigy

·
Registered
637 Posts
LarryB said:
Sure, this is speculation at this point. But if Lotus has the car in the wings, you in effect split the Elise line the std a better more affordable everday car. The exige for those willing/able to spend the extra money and live with a car with even a harder edge ( and the preformance that goes with it). IF the car is close let the word out now, other wise I agree say nothing & release it a year later.
It's not idle speculation from me. I find speculation a bit annoying unless there's a bit of fun involved.

I pass along what I hear only when I trust my sources. I've not been let down yet :)

Craigy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.