The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my titanium metallic (grey) 99, but I'm hoping to get an Azure blue V8 at some point too.

Anyone know what colors the interior came in? I've seen black and tan.

I really like the charcoal (dark grey) interior and would hope to find an Azure blue V8 with it, but I don't even know if such a car exists.

Anyone know?

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
You could get any color your heart desired, there where no limitations on color combos. Azure Blue has to be one of the rarest colors for an Esprit so I wouldn't get your hopes up to find that particular combo. I think I've only seen one or two Azure Blue Esprits ever!

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info and the pics. The hunt is on!

Can anyone comment on how the black vs tan (magnolia) interiors stand up to dirt and wear? The tan looks nice when new but I don't want it to look too "worn" after time.

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
6,349 Posts
Can anyone comment on how the black vs tan (magnolia) interiors stand up to dirt and wear? The tan looks nice when new but I don't want it to look too "worn" after time.
Our '88s interior (tan and "magnolia") still cleans up well. Yearly cleaning with a Fantastik - type cleaner, then immediately re-moisturize the leather with a lanolin-rich treatment.

Old interiors respond well to Leatherique even if a bit worn. http://leatherique.com/

The trick to reducing wear on the aggressive side-bolsters on the later cars' driver's seat is to place your hand on the bolster when entering and exiting the car.
:up:

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
After decades of Esprit obsession, I have seen quite a few Azure Blue V8s with magnolia interiors and also black interiors over the years, both online and in person. Because of custom orders, there may very well be an Azure Blue V8 with a charcoal interior out there, but have to say that chances are pretty slim as I have never seen one.

One thing is for sure...if you truly love that color combination, follow your dreams and never settle for less or you will be disappointed the first time the car breaks down and like all older cars, they all break. A lot easier to forgive a car when it is a color combination that you love...sadly the inverse is true as well if it is not the color combination that you wanted. :)

Have you considered getting an Azure Blue V8 with a much easier to find black interior and then re-doing it with custom charcoal grey seats and door panels? The black dash and trim might make for a stunning combination and considering how even the V8s are now getting up in their years, many are already exhibiting signs of seat side bolster and console wear. You can use a much higher grade of leather and even do custom stitching, perhaps echoing the theme of a Bugatti Veyron. Just a thought.

I myself, have had a Lotus Esprit obsession that has gone unfulfilled for well over a decade. Much as I love the Esprit that I have now, I truly, truly miss the 'Proper Yellow' of my first Esprit. One day, I hope to get a second Esprit in that color or worst case scenario...find a second one in excellent mechanical condition and have it professionally repainted to that color. That way, when one breaks, I can drive the other while it is being repaired. :)

I have seen some pop up over the years, but as always with life, either the timing was wrong (financially) for me or the condition of the car was not what I was looking for.

Live your dreams!

Funny story...at a former place of employment, I used to have a picture of my Esprit in a long line of Esprits from an event that I organized. The fancy silver frame was engraved with "Live your dreams" and I had one co-worker that would see me and jokingly say, "Hey Roy...are you living the dream?" I would always laugh and respond, "Yes...and the nightmare!" :)

Roy

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
After decades of Esprit obsession, I have seen quite a few Azure Blue V8s with magnolia interiors and also black interiors over the years, both online and in person. Because of custom orders, there may very well be an Azure Blue V8 with a charcoal interior out there, but have to say that chances are pretty slim as I have never seen one.

One thing is for sure...if you truly love that color combination, follow your dreams and never settle for less or you will be disappointed the first time the car breaks down and like all older cars, they all break. A lot easier to forgive a car when it is a color combination that you love...sadly the inverse is true as well if it is not the color combination that you wanted. :)

Have you considered getting an Azure Blue V8 with a much easier to find black interior and then re-doing it with custom charcoal grey seats and door panels? The black dash and trim might make for a stunning combination and considering how even the V8s are now getting up in their years, many are already exhibiting signs of seat side bolster and console wear. You can use a much higher grade of leather and even do custom stitching, perhaps echoing the theme of a Bugatti Veyron. Just a thought.

I myself, have had a Lotus Esprit obsession that has gone unfulfilled for well over a decade. Much as I love the Esprit that I have now, I truly, truly miss the 'Proper Yellow' of my first Esprit. One day, I hope to get a second Esprit in that color or worst case scenario...find a second one in excellent mechanical condition and have it professionally repainted to that color. That way, when one breaks, I can drive the other while it is being repaired. :)

I have seen some pop up over the years, but as always with life, either the timing was wrong (financially) for me or the condition of the car was not what I was looking for.

Live your dreams!

Funny story...at a former place of employment, I used to have a picture of my Esprit in a long line of Esprits from an event that I organized. The fancy silver frame was engraved with "Live your dreams" and I had one co-worker that would see me and jokingly say, "Hey Roy...are you living the dream?" I would always laugh and respond, "Yes...and the nightmare!" :)

Roy
Great info - thanks. I agree that an originally black interior with some added grey accents might be nice!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts