The Lotus Cars Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I asked in a "general discussion" thread and didn't get an answer...

Can someone please explain, with pics? I searched the site and nothing came up.

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,655 Posts

Thanks!

As originally used, it was slang for a type of German cruise missle during WWII

V-1 flying bomb - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A few folks here use it to refer to the Exise/Elige. To see one, simply go out to your garage.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
A fictionary term for a Lotus...made up by someone who has made a LOT of ignore lists.

·
Registered
155 Posts
'Buzzbomb' is a derogatory, disparaging and depreciatory name for the Elise exclusively used by a member called Dickedup. :popcorn:

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
The stock exhaust is sort of raspy, or buzzy. I replaced mine. Problem solved.

·
Registered
821 Posts
oh how I love you guys. I feel like family here! hahaha

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
I don't necessarily know that it is used in a derogatory fashion. He has weird nicknames for every car it seems.

xtn

·
Registered
6,655 Posts

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I think buzzbomb is a cute nickname for the car. BUZBOM, by the way, is available as a custom plate from the Texas DOT.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Didn't realize this was a sensitive subject...

·
Registered
155 Posts
It's not really a sensitive subject - some folks like him, some tolerate him and some have him on ignore but read his posts anyway. I like him - he's funny!

·
Registered
365 Posts
A friendly interpretation on Urban Dictionary

"A bad-ass car, or Macho-Mobile as in the Dead Kennedys' song "Buzzbomb". "

Maybe we've been misreading the usage of the word here...maybe all this time, it's meant to be a compliment? :shrug:

ok, maybe not. what was I thinking? :thwack:

·
Registered
529 Posts
I don't necessarily know that it is used in a derogatory fashion. He has weird nicknames for every car it seems.

xtn
No, it's derogatory...he was bitching about the engine choice over on Roadfly in '03 - '04**

**(Nevermind that those engines he thought should go into the Elise weren't an option because their manufactors WOULDN'T SELL THEM to Lotus...why get bogged down with details :rolleyes:)

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
A friendly interpretation on Urban Dictionary

"A bad-ass car, or Macho-Mobile as in the Dead Kennedys' song "Buzzbomb". "

Maybe we've been misreading the usage of the word here...maybe all this time, it's meant to be a compliment? :shrug:

ok, maybe not. what was I thinking? :thwack:
The guys life revolves around some kind of brokeback mountain type show that got cancelled after a few episodes. You think he's heard of the Dead Kennedys?

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
No, it's derogatory...he was bitching about the engine choice over on Roadfly in '03 - '04**

**(Nevermind that those engines he thought should go into the Elise weren't an option because their manufactors WOULDN'T SELL THEM to Lotus...why get bogged down with details :rolleyes:)
S2000 engine?

·
Registered
7,117 Posts

Thanks!
stevens esprit, the worlds most desirable lotus, are widley regarded as buzzbombs....

rotfl

i think 'tardup is funny sometimes - anoying sometimes, but then again i guess that could be said for me as well. (he doen't seem to like to 'be' joked with though?) would like to meet him in person, sounds like a ronin character, probably totaly cool in person?

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
i don't know if it's derogatory or a compliment. in my opinion however, it's a stupid nickname for a car that already has a name. if it were accepted vernacular i could maybe see it's regular use, but it's one person's made up name.

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Do an "advanced search", with "buzzbomb" (title only), and you will see that with the exception of this thread, each of the others are started by the same person.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.