The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, price increases sneaking in all the time due to a weak dollar

Delivery expected in May or June with a $1K non-refundable deposit (now that the car's been ordered)

Dealers in the NE selling for MSRP.

Do you pick up a car now for MSRP and lose the $1K deposit or do you expect that the price increase will not be more than $1K between now and June and keep waiting?

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
I say buy now and beg for your deposit back. When I was on the list at PP, they always claimed that unless I ordered an unsellable car (Aztec Bronze with blue leather?) they would give my deposit back at any time.

·
Registered
869 Posts
I say wait but thats just me.

I want the car i ordered. Ardent red w/ red touring.

This is the first car I have ever ordered in my life. purchased @ 10 cars new.

I went through the same S%@T as everyone supposed to be here time and time again.

With winter coming why bother? Increase in price compared to lost opportunity cost on 50k

For me 6 mo = $2300 lost interest

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Hi Steve,
Unless you can do something during the winter months to warrant the $1k loss I'd say wait too. exchange rates can go down as well as up. There's a real early CO for sale out here withh all options, might be an interwesting drive back though ;)

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I say wait. You save $$$ on both interest payments (if financed) and car insurace. Also I am not sure if driving an Elise in Virginia in the winter months is a good idea either. Doesn't Virginia put sand or gravels on the road?

·
Registered
739 Posts
Wait... what the hell you gonna do with it through the winter? Pay to have it sit in your garage flattening it's battery and buggering the tyres? Nah wait 'til the temperatures get pleasant, tyres grip again and the salt has washed away.

It's questionable whether Americans should be allowed to have cars at all (or guns for that matter)... let alone in the winter. It's rainy here today and I've already seen two accidents on my 2 mile drive to work... one being a pickup on its side... I ask ya.

;)

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for putting me back on track. Just needed to knock some sense into myself

1 - 8 of 8 Posts