The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
LOTUS EXIGE 2006 with BWR/PES (ex VBCARGUY setup)

After the installation of supercharger i have run around 40-50 miles only , if this helps ,

and before an hour dynoed the car because something was worry me ,

and here the results ...

what could be wrong ?
loosing pressure ?
mapping ?

HELP GUYS !

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Torque curve looks like a chart of the Dow Jones Industrials Average the past few months...

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
afr ratio is too low i think ...

faulty by pass valve ?

belt tightening ?

i am going crazy .....

or if i will drive the car for more 100 miles things will be change ???

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
The charts look reasonable if they are actually whp. The dyno sheet says flywheel, but some dynos say that even though they are actually showing whp. The torque curve looks strange because it is plotted differently than we are used to seeing. The scale is quite exaggerated. Not sure about the big AFR change at cam switchover, though.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
How does the car feel when you drive it? this looks bad. Hopefully CharlieX can chime in

·
shay2nak
25,171 Posts
looks like it's the scaling. I wouldn't be worried about it.

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
DynaPack flywheel is the flywheel in the dynpack hubs, not the flywheel of the car, so its RWHP.

The scaling makes the torque look like it does, thats what so nice about the dynapack software for a tuner.

I'm chatting with the OP via email

·
Registered
580 Posts
AF is fine save for the spike at 5k. I would try and find out what is causing that, otherwise it looks like a reasonably good conservative tune.

Clutch isn't slipping else power would be affected as well. My guess would be it's a software thing. I had something similar happen with a dynapack a few times-- not my preferred dyno method.

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
I think its too rich, especially down low, it'll cause problems with the acceleration enrichment, and unless the base afr's match it'll drift, that is to say that unless the VE tables are calibrated to match what the ECU thinks the Base AFR/demanded AFR's are then it'll drift.

I'd expect it to throw a too rich code eventually

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'd expect it to throw a too rich code eventually
It throwed me a P0172 when i drove it for first miles and reseted it .

Today on dyno it didn`t throw any fault code

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm chatting with the OP via email
much appreciate for your time Charlie ,

as i told you in my emails i am "alone" here in Greece , about supercharging a Lotus exige/elise , so no one other can help me or suggest me something ...

I am walking alone ..... :(

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
yeah the P0172 only confirms what i'm saying then, that prediction worked out well for me then, some magic ;)

Is there a lotus dealer around ? someone with a tech iii or tech centre?, they have a tool that can read the Demanded/Base AFR's and you can see if they're matching, i hate to say it, but i already know the answer to that, but you ought to check if you can.

The 2nd cam does cause the AFR's to jump up like that, its just overly rich elswhere.

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
There are two maps in the ecu that are important for this part, one for the 'VE' which is an air map, the other is the 'demanded AFR', when the cars are intially tuned you set the VE map to match the fuel ratios in the demanded AFR map, then if you want to change the AFR to something else, you change the demanded AFR map, not as the other tuners are doing and changing the VE map, thats the wrong thing to do.

The lotus tech iii and tech centre can read the demanded AFR, if the actual AFR and the demanded AFR match, then its been correctly calibrated.

you could say the demanded AFR map is the english language version of the math, so you can say i want 12.5 at 7000 RPM, instead of saying add or remove N amount of air.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.