The Lotus Cars Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since it's no longer Randy's forum (although I bet he will chime in);), why is it the Viper Alley thread was closed on this forum? You gave an explanation but what I find not so amusing is that my account over on Viper Alley has now been suspended.:mad: Granted, all I'd like to do is get a rise out of them...but isn't that what their whole gig is in the thread that was posted here? http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f24/wow-you-thought-some-our-members-tough-new-comers-56902/

Here is what I take issue with...BOTH forums are owned by the same company. This forum has decided to censor content (which I have learned to agree with). Why then is a forum owned by the same group now censoring content from certain members with no explanation?:shrug: If I decide to go to Viper Alley and throw around an F-bomb along with the other degenerates there...why then does my account become suspended? Seems like some kind of elitism not only over there but by the same company that owns this site. What a great money making scheme this is!:clap: Any bets on censorship for this thread? Come on Randy...give a good reason for this one!:panic:

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Bawhaha, I just went and read the thread at the Viper forums. Those guys are hilarious. I know I should be appalled by their behavior, but those guys have perfected vicious comments.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
lol

I can't answer for Viper Alley or for Autoforums and I won't. But it seems to me that after reading your posts over there, an easy explanation is you were seen as a problem on that forum and they suspended your account because of it. Nothing to do with this forum. If someone joins this forum and posted what you posted there, I would immediately ban them and not ask any questions about it. As you say, you joined and posted to get a rise out of them. Seems simple enough. Most forums ban trolls.

I explained why I closed the thread here. I have always done that when it comes to forum vs forum threads. As I said, I have experience in this area and the outcome of those kinds of threads is a lot of work for me.

And no.. you won't get censored. Silly, take off the foil hat.

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
Intent maybe? They seem like a**es because that's probably just the way they are.....whereas you went there to intentionally be disruptive and looking for a fight. Not criticizing.....just guessing. :shrug:

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Intent maybe? They seem like a**es because that's probably just the way they are.....whereas you went there to intentionally be disruptive and looking for a fight. Not criticizing.....just guessing. :shrug:
But isn't that the pot calling the kettle black?:shrug: They can dish it out but can't take it?:shrug: I've followed the rules here and have tempered my "negative enthusiasm". When it comes to those dilkheads there, seems they only protect their own. I just find it amusing considering the same group owns both forums.

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
But Randy closed the thread on LT. I think if he had the power he would have closed the thread on the Viper forum about 70 pages ago.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Brilliant job posting a link back to this place so to invite those jerks here and start a forum war, very mature! :rolleyes:

And now you are wondering why you were banned from there, that is just rich rotfl

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
Brilliant job posting a link back to this place so to invite those jerks here and start a forum war, very mature!
I would have thought that might get him banned here, not there.

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Brilliant job posting a link back to this place so to invite those jerks here and start a forum war, very mature! :rolleyes:

And now you are wondering why you were banned from there, that is just rich rotfl
I guess that's just one more reason why forums owned by the same group should hold the same standards!:wallbang: If that were the case, that thread would have been closed already.-poke-

We can't ALL be as mature as you mopho.:huh: But thanks for proving my point.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would have thought that might get him banned here, not there.
Like Randy said...they are independent. Why would I be banned from ET for posting a link there?:popcorn:

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
You got banned from there because you were a troll, how hard is that for you to understand? :shrug:

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
Like Randy said...they are independent. Why would I be banned from ET for posting a link there?:popcorn:
Because the link you posted was basically an invitation for them to come here and continue the fight, causing the disruption to the forum that Randy was trying to prevent.

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You got banned from there because you were a troll, how hard is that for you to understand? :shrug:
Didn't expect you would see the point.:rolleyes: I figured you would just dive right into the "bashing".

That forum see no problem with a "nOObie" posting and then getting lambasted for just a post? The way they did? You take no issue with that?:popcorn:

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Because the link you posted was basically an invitation for them to come here and continue the fight, causing the disruption to the forum that Randy was trying to prevent.
See my previous post. If they were run the same, there would not be an issue. With $$$ at stake, why change, right?

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
That forum see no problem with a "nOObie" posting and then getting lambasted for just a post? The way they did? You take no issue with that?:popcorn:
I know you weren't asking me, but I would take issue with the way everyone handled it......except the poor noobie OP.

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
f they were run the same, there would not be an issue. With $$$ at stake, why change, right?
So would you suggest that we loosen the reins here or that they need to tighten them up over there? As long as Randy has Admin powers here, I think it's a safe bet this forum will be run pretty much the same as it always has been.

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So would you suggest that we loosen the reins here or that they need to tighten them up over there? As long as Randy has Admin powers here, I think it's a safe bet this forum will be run pretty much the same as it always has been.
I would much rather it run the way it has here. I didn't feel that way initially, but I feel that leaves serious discussion for the enthusiast. Everyone has an opinion when it comes to LT banning and I've never stepped into that discussion. Seems they should allow all or none to be rude over there. Worse to be rude or a troll?:shrug:

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Didn't expect you would see the point.:rolleyes: I figured you would just dive right into the "bashing".

:wallbang: I do take issue with that, but I don't care what they do on THEIR forum, I don't hang out there! If they allow it, that is THEIR problem!
YOU still went over there as a TROLL and attempted to start a war between the two forums, that could have become OUR problem. I have seen it happen before and creates a LOT of work for the moderators

Just because they are owned by the same company, doesn't mean they need to be moderated in the same way. They are two different types of forums that had different beginnings and different kinds of people as members, I am sure the owners did not want to change the original concepts of each forum if it is working. As a matter of fact, when Randy announced the takeover, he specifically said that they intend to run the forum as it always has.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.