The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What should the brake pedal travel be before full lock up on stock AP calipers? I did some brake upgrades recently and did a full flush with Castrol SRF and put on new BOE SS front caliper pistons and new Pads (Carotech XP12-10). I already had changed to SS brake lines. Also added BOE brake ducts as this all started when I broiled my brake fluid a few weeks back so I did the upgrades. I could be wrong but my pedal seems to be longer than before to engage but I could be wrong.
I have completely flushed the brake fluid, I have bleed brakes about 10 times and flipped front Calipers and 95% sure I have no air in system. I have also locked to engage ABS between a bleed to cycle ABS. If I hold brake pedal down with car running with same pressure pedal stays in same location so I do not believe I have any pressure leak.

So I am starting to think I just must be wrong and this is normal? I have about 1 ½ to 1 inch of travel before brakes come on hard when I push the brake pedal, is this about normal? I want to resolve as I have weekend track days at Mid Ohio this weekend and have a few evenings get ready.

Edit I use a Motive Power Bleeder and also did clutch bleed first

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Bump, anyone? What is your brake pedal travel in inches to push down to full brake?

Did brake bleed again even doing old 2 person method and have same pedal travel. My brakes seem to work fine I just seem to think I have a long travel in pedal then I though was normal ie about 1-1/2 inches on new pads and believe no air in system.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts