The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, i am new in this lotus world, so wondering if you guys can help me deciding on which muffler have the best sound. thanks....

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
search for audio clips there is no answer to that question everyone has there own tastes. and no there is no way to make your car sound like a V12

·
Registered
166 Posts
search for audio clips there is no answer to that question everyone has there own tastes. and no there is no way to make your car sound like a V12
+1

and there is NO exhaust to make your car sound like a lambo

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
"Best" is subjective. To each his own.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I love the way the Larini exhaust sounds, especially with de-cat. It sure screams on the second cam!

I also like how the Von Hep sounds from the sound clips I've heard.

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
i have a cardboard muffler that i like a bunch... i bought it on ebay. i think it's coated with a high-temp wax product.

·
Registered
230 Posts
i have a cardboard muffler that i like a bunch... i bought it on ebay. i think it's coated with a high-temp wax product.

I have always wondered how people get to 4000 plus posts...I guess I have my answer...

Krug1

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
I have always wondered how people get to 4000 plus posts...I guess I have my answer...

Krug1
yup. they create senseless threads about topics that have no answers. not this time. not the last time it was asked. and certainly not the 50 or 60 times previously. my answer is as good as any others that will be posted in this thread.

thanks for getting it.

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
oh and one more thing...

nobody knows what car the OP has.
what their budget it.
whether they're willing to remove the rear panel.
if theyre going to keep the cat.
nor what in the heck the "best sound" means.

but go ahead... answer away.

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
Mine.
:wave:

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
I took a digital signal processing class from a professor who was developing an active noise cancelling "muffler" as a side business. The goal was to be nearly silent while have nearly zero back pressure.

Now, IMO, that would "sound" good.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the reply guys, i guess i have to change my question. which muffler have the loudest, high pitch sound. thanks

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
I had Arqray SS single tip and Larini decat, car sounded like a sport bike on steroids........damn, I miss that sound:(

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
Thanks for the reply guys, i guess i have to change my question. which muffler have the loudest, high pitch sound. thanks
Arqray is loudest and highest - 2bular Ultra is loudest with a lower tone.
Like I said, mine (2bular Ultra).
:)

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
The Von Hep is loud and low,with an emphasis on LOUD.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
The stock muffler sounds the best. Up to 6k rpms, you can hear your radio, the cops behind you, your spouse talk, the breeze in the trees. You know, some of these reasons I bought a convertible.

At 6k rpms, it is pretty loud, so I only hit the second cam at the track, or out in the desert, where it won't bother people who are in their cars, trying to hear the radio, the cops behind them, their spouse, or the breeze in the trees.

I might also still be able to hear these things when I am 40.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts