The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 Lotus Elise, Normally aspirated with a 2zz motor. My target Horsepower is 275-300 hp. I want to keep my car dependable. Would you add a 400 BOE supercharger? Or would you do a K24 swap with a turbo? I want to have something I can still drive everyday? Or would you keep around 250 with a NA K24?

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Rev400 is going to be much more reliable then a semi custom engine swap. Should be able to get around 260 WHP reliably.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you think its smarter to sell mine and buy and exige with some of the mods already done?

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Do you think its smarter to sell mine and buy and exige with some of the mods already done?
Great question, normally yes, but in this one case it's probably around a wash unless you really want the exige style

·
Registered
6,537 Posts
Or why not an already modded Elise? The Exige is essentially a fastback Elise. They have the same mechanical and structural bones. Anything an Exige has except a marginally functional roof scoop (which does bolt right on to an Elise, although there is no reason to) and the profile an Elise either has or can be added.

·
Premium Member
11,853 Posts
Due to an aversion to extra plumbing, I chose the BOE 300 (w/ no intercooler). Now, the car is plenty fast enough.

Works so well, one couldn't tell it wasn't put there by Lotus.

Less expensive and reliable.

But, you did not explain how you want to use the car. Any track or auto-x in future??

·
Registered
111 Posts
Katana, plenty of power, amazing reliability and long term longevity for the engine and transmission.. I heard that Inokinetic is coming out with a new version very soon.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am streeting my car, but I will be using more on autocross, but would really like the extra power on the track too. I do look at numbers and looking at resale as well. Im assuming if I add to my current elise I will get very little if any resale value.

·
Administrator
1,540 Posts
When I bought my car included in the WTB ad was I wanted REV 300 or 400 already on the car. I wasn't disappointed. The only thing I would have changed was the pistons and gone lower in compression.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I am streeting my car, but I will be using more on autocross, but would really like the extra power on the track too. I do look at numbers and looking at resale as well. Im assuming if I add to my current elise I will get very little if any resale value.
I am not expert but have been talking and listening to some. Aftermarkets add-ons do increase the value but not at the same rate that you'll spent. What you'll get from the car depends on several factors, the market on this cars is very particular. A few people can own these cars as their only vehicle, not talking as daily driver, I daily drive mine but I have a more practical car (C& Corvette) for when I need more space, more comfort. IF you are planning on tracking, there are several other upgrades that can be as important as adding power. The # 1 upgrade to this car that is not mention enough is the toe links. Just search for "toe link issues Lotus Elise" if you haven't done it yet. You should also upgrade the brakes, suspension and aerodynamics. I would highly recommend that you call Shinoo, the owner of Inokinetic and talk to him about all your goals. You'll be hard press to talk to someone so knowledgeable, passionate and nice.Cheers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts