The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In my 2011 Lotus Elise SC, I have a Varta 063 B18, and thought you might like to see the size difference between it and a 26R. If I should change my battery, I would like to stay OEM, but can not seem to find VARTA batteries in the U.S., or its equivalent. Many on the Forum seem satisfied with the 26R, but it is a much taller battery than than the VARTA B18 as the picture below demonstrates. Lotus may have changed the battery cover in 2011, as it's already tight with the lower VARTA battery.

I would like to know what a VARTA B18 translates to for an equivalent battery sold in the U.S., as no website I have found carries batteries for a 2011 Lotus Elise.

Thanks in advance,

vincesf

Attachments

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you SirLotus, much appreciated. Found out the closest battery fit is a Type 47 from Interstate, great height and width, just 1" longer in length, and recommended for 2008+ Elige's. Note that all type 47 batteries are not equal in dimensions. Sears (DieHard) and O'Reilly's/Kragen (Duralast) carry a type 47, but they are 1" taller than the Interstate Battery version. Of course a type 26R is still recommended by the dealer, but look at the above picture to see the size difference, and the non-recessed posts.

vincesf

1 - 3 of 3 Posts