The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know what it is but are the black elements painted on or is a black vinyl tape? Thanks.

I was thinking of adding a black pack to my car. rotfl

Attachments

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
But that was a serious question. I'm wondering if the black pack is painted or taped on. Thanks.

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
The black pack was originally a port installed option on 21 MY11 Evoras.
consisted of 3 painted (roof, side sills, and front splitter) areas and anthracite wheels

10720S 11 Evora 2+2 Carbon Grey Charcoal Medium  pointing out black package.jpg

For MY13 you could order a "Sport Racer' European market Evora which featured the black package
I think now it is an option for any new Evora or just go with vinyl like many others have done.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you. :up:

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
My letters and tail light trim is chrome on 2011 Black Pack we have in Titanium and Anthracite wheels
True "black pack" wasn't available as a factory option for the North American market until 2013 which included painted black roof, side skirts, front splitter, rear letters, rings around tail lights and 19"/20" black forged wheels. Initially you could only get the the interior in the base black/cloth (meaning no premium pack) or the ebony black with red stitching/piping premium pack sport however if you ordered one, you could go with a different color interior.

Before 2013 models, all black packs were done at the port and included painted black roof, side skirt and front splitter. There were a few MY11's that did not have the anthracite forged wheels but did have the stealth grey wheels.

·
Registered
579 Posts
New here, picked up my 2014 S last Thursday :)

Thought my car would be a clearer illustration of what's included with the black pack (although I have gunmetal wheels)

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
6,949 Posts
New here, picked up my 2014 S last Thursday :)

Thought my car would be a clearer illustration of what's included with the black pack (although I have gunmetal wheels)

What I don't like is the area around the rear windshield/quarter side window. I'd prefer it to look something like this (roughly).

San

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Some black pack pictures. Autumn Bronze

This is from West Covina Lotus' Facebook page.

Attachments

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hey, thanks for posting that shot of my car (Storm Ti)! I had that picture made into a mini poster for my son and it's up on his dorm room wall at college. He says none of his buddies have asked about it, but I'm sure they have.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts