I can't take it any longer :crazyeyes

WHAT DID YOU GET
Abe's a great salesman and I traded in my 2011 Evora S for this one:

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Whoops. I mean this one. :)

The transporter's supposed to pick up my car in a few hours. Hope the new one comes soon.

Attachments

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
I knew you were Cray Cray :crazyeyes
3 Lotus in 2 years:UK:

The GTR was cool too. Almost had me fooled :up:

Now "Black Pack" it to give it the "Sport Racer" look

Need full review on changes from MY11 to MY14

·
Registered
456 Posts
Hahaha :clap: super nice upgrade! So I did guess correctly - a “red Evora S IPS”. I know you are crazy like the rest of us sticking to the Evora :crazyeyes. You can always add the back vinyl for the black pack looks anytime :coolnana:

·
Illegal Alien
4,695 Posts
Allan, congratulations. Looks beautiful.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Hahaha :clap: super nice upgrade! So I did guess correctly - a “red Evora S IPS”. I know you are crazy like the rest of us sticking to the Evora :crazyeyes. You can always add the back vinyl for the black pack looks anytime :coolnana:
You did guess right which is why I was so quite. :)

So, this will be my 4th Lotus and 3rd Evora. I actually got my n/a Laser Blue Evora two years ago this month.

The problem I had with my Starlight Black Evora S is that I was really uncomfortable with the seating position because, to get the clutch pedal all the way to the floor, I needed to scoot up the seat which put me too close to the steering wheel and the seat was even rubbing against the center console. With the IPS, I'm able to sit further back.

The other factor with the Evora is the only car I'm interested in that has the versatility of allowing me to take my wife and 7 year old son. With the IPS, my wife can now drive the Evora when I'm a passenger. Key point being when I'm a passenger. :eek:

This is a little trivial but I also don't like black on the Evora because the Evora has such beautiful lines that are hidden by a dark color. The black pack on dark asphalt creates an illusion that some parts of the lower body aren't there:

Then, the third factor (and probably the biggest one) was the price. I think you guys knew I was casually looking at a C7 and a base Viper and I had some negative equity in my car. Corvette dealers weren't willing to discount enough and I sure as hell wasn't going to pay over MSRP (in effect) for a Corvette. The Viper dealer I was working with kept playing musical prices with his car and the only other Vipers locally were GTS (too expensive). I was set to just wait until the next Evora shows up at Geneva.

Then, Abe started posting up pictures of this 2014s here: http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f409/you-want-evoras-i-have-evoras-223737/. And, we started talking. I wasn't really committed to buying another Evora considering I had two and not to mention a re-designed is confirmed for 2016. But then, Abe gave me some numbers which were pretty good. As we talked more, the numbers got even better and got to the point where I didn't really feel bad (ie: stupid) for trading in my 2011 Evora S for a 2014 Evora S. I can't disclose numbers but I think I got a loyalty discount from Lotus. It ended on September 30th but I'm not sure if it's been continued.

So, my Evora's now on it's way back to Abe (who's probably had it as part of his Newport European Lotus inventory longer than I've had it rotfl) and the red IPS should be here on Saturday or Sunday. (I suppose it will make him feel nostalgic when he gets it back) rotfl

Oh, I really like the Autumn Bronze or Velvet Red cars but I picked the Ardent Red because of the interior which has the black with red pipping.

Also, I should mention that I was also talking with Brian from Gator Motorsport who also had very competitive pricing. The thing is, their Autumn Bronze was an 6 speed and the shipping of both cars to Indianapolis was a bit of an issue. So, as I've said before, if you want an Autumn Bronze S IPS, Abe has your car. If you want an Autumn Bronze S 6 speed, Bryan has it. Both dealers are top notch and I'd strongly recommend both of them.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Autumn Bronze is a great color. I really like it...the color I see, any way. Being red-green "color deficient" I'm probably seeing a different color than it really is. But what I see, I like. :)

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
more than a little impartial but I think doing just part of the Black pack looks better. I find the cut under the doors pinches the car too much and hides a killer set of lines and angles.

Attachments

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
more than a little impartial but I think doing just part of the Black pack looks better. I find the cut under the doors pinches the car too much and hides a killer set of lines and angles.
Have to disagree with you
I love the "pinch". makes the car look like it is ready to pounce on some unsuspecting 911 :D
I thought the car looked a bit chunky right in front of the rear wheels and find the blacking out of the sill is just the right touch.

Just my .02. It is a beautiful car with or without :UK:

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
I always loved my wide bodied 911's - the large rear is killer and that is why I think that the lower black out may be cool but doesn't do it for me - this wide side butt angle is killer imo:

Attachments

21 - 35 of 35 Posts