The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
That isn't a cable, it's a vacuum/breather hose. I'm not exactly sure which system that hose is for but I would have to guess it is either for the brake vacuum booster or the carbon evaporative canister; either way, it's pretty important as any leakage it going to cause drivability problems and failure of the system it supplies vacuum for.
A temporary fix is very easy; just use pliers to squeeze the clamp to loosen it, remove the hose from the barb on the throttle assembly, cut the damaged portion of the hose off and reattach to the throttle body and reinstall the clamp. This repair should last until the hose begins to degrade again due to heat and the tension of being stretched over the bard. Ultimately I would do (or have someone do it for you) a thorough inspection of the other vacuum/breather hoses on the car and replace them as needed, they can cause strange drivability and reliability problems if left to fester.
...Or just rip off the supercharger to make it less complicated, I'll gladly take the supercharger off your hands once you don't need it anymore...lol

1 - 2 of 2 Posts