The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching the forum for an easy place to ground the front sensor of my k40 radar detector. I was really hoping not have to remove many parts but clearly I'm going to have to do some cutting an soldering for the power... but for the ground... A voltmeter shows this handy bolt is grounded. Is this good or bad place to ground my gear?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,844 Posts
I've been searching the forum for an easy place to ground the front sensor of my k40 radar detector. I was really hoping not have to remove many parts but clearly I'm going to have to do some cutting an soldering for the power... but for the ground... A voltmeter shows this handy bolt is grounded. Is this good or bad place to ground my gear?
That nut/stud is one of two that holds the brake master cylinder onto the brake booster. I imagine it is a good ground, but it probably isn't the most elegant place to attach a ground wire. If you do use it, add a second nut to the stud (leaving the original in place) and and use a ring connector under it sandwiched between the two nuts.

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
You can also ground it to the screw for the wiper motor.

There are pictures in the Heater By Pass thread that Tony Wa posted, and we used that location when grounding the switch.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts