The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any idea what this connector mounted under the dash is?

Attachments

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
OBD-II

·
Registered
44 Posts
That is the computer hook up for the OBD-II diagnosic system.

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
That's where you plug in the testicle warmer that was available with the Premium Pack. All the cars come prewired for it, even if you didn't get it. You can retrofit the testicle warmer easily, you just need to drop by a dealership and ask the parts guy to order one for you.

xtn

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
That's where you plug in the testicle warmer that was available with the Premium Pack. All the cars come prewired for it, even if you didn't get it. You can retrofit the testicle warmer easily, you just need to drop by a dealership and ask the parts guy to order one for you.

xtn
I think that particular option is only legal in parts of Nevada. ;)

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
I think that particular option is only legal in parts of Nevada. ;)
That's probably why the part has the words "For off-road use only" molded into it.

xtn

·
Registered
410 Posts

xtn
I thought it came with the touring wheels option.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Never heard of the touring wheels :eek:

But I hear the ones with the touring suspensions............................ :evil:

·
Registered
270 Posts
I got the dealer option but since I don't have a hardtop I have to be careful when it rains. Make sure that it's grounded properly (much like a GFI) otherwise you're in for a surprise when your soft top leaks.....

·
Registered
417 Posts

xtn
Owners without testicles, opting for Premium Pack may get it for free (proof required).

·
Registered
937 Posts
Does the obd-II connector have a direct output of the anti-lock brakes that could be used for the VSS on the radio.

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
nope, its in the engine bay on the 05's. LF sensor, off the ECU, LGY 0.5. pin 64

i don't believe there is another version of it in the cockpit

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the info.

Was not expecting the thread to get a NC-17 rating with all of the references to testicles and cockpits :eek: but it certainly made for interesting reading.

Cheers!

·
Mulholland>SCC
2,532 Posts
Every US car 1996 and up has that plug.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts